Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlocking HELP!! FAST!!

Default unlocking HELP!! FAST!!
    Deactivate the iPhone automatic synchronization in iTunes before proceeding and close iTunes.

this is the part im stuck with, i dont understand it, when i go to deactivate it it asks me to select something, what is it?? and if its the firmware a message pops up that say error entering recovery mode, what im i suposed to do??

what do you mean...clarify

Banned
    Thanks

goto the itunes part where you can click a box giving you the option to auto sync everytime you plug phone in.....well make sure thats off!

in part three im stuck at the first part it says open APPTap and the deactivate your fun "Deactivate the iPhone automatic synchronization in iTunes before proceeding and close iTunes." what am i supposed to do at that part?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Skip that. I didn't write that, someone added it...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

i have a question when i follow the first and second step my phone was activate it, youtube works everything works perfectly, do i need to do the other steps, i dont see what they are for. do i need them?

once you begin downloading installer (and you've shut off auto sync features in iTunes - both at the general tab in iphone screen and iTunes preferences [select iPhone tab towards right and disable autosync]) don't touch anything:
    modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPhone_unlock_OS_X_Part_3

Let it do it's thing

well do i need those steps, if my iphone is working with all of its features and if so why, what are those??

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Define, already working with all of its features... are you on AT&T with an activated iPhone?

i have AT&T but i didnt activate via itunes, cuz i live in puerto rico for the moment and they dont have it here, neither can u activate it through itunes. I mean i follow your steps till the 3 part and i can call and use the internet and all, so why are the steps 3 and 4 for?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Step 3 and 4 are the actual unlock. So you can use the SIM card of your existing carrier, like SunCom or Movistar or whoever you have.

why is it that each time i try jailbraking the iphone through independence it says "Error entering recovery mode"???

same here.
    Gone through all the steps exactly on my mac, and i try and activate the phone and i get this message "error entering recovery mode"
    Kinda annoying as im doing it exactly, exactly! according to the guide.
    So any suggestions?

EDIT: restarted the app and it worked a treat
    Last edited by ironmike; 09-26-2007 at 06:42 AM.