Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem trying to add App Tapp

Default Problem trying to add App Tapp
    I am trying to load app Tapp on my phone. I have been following the directions on here. I am running 1.0.2 and ran independence and got through part 2 using jailbreak. I then went to part 3 downloaded App Tapp and tried to run it. Independence is not running. When I run App Tapp I choose firmware 1.0.2 it starts to run then comes up Bootstrap failed, see Console log! (ABORT) and goes no further. My phone is telling me "Please connect to itunes". Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    JH

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

app tapp is a program that jailbreaks and installs installer thur apptapp.so download ibrickr and install installer thur ibrickr,,apptapp is not working because your phone is already jailbroken..and if your using osx then ibreezy instead of ibrickr
    Last edited by jedinight; 09-21-2007 at 05:40 PM.

Default Breezy not working either
    OK so I took your advice and tried to load breezy. I'm a mac guy. I followed the directions on the screen ;i.e. hold buttons down until told otherwise. and breezy crashes. I found other directions on this board that suggested you hold down both buttons then turn the phone off then back on again while running the breezy software. Breezy came up with an error message can't jailbreak the phone and that was as far as it got. Now what?

Yeah, I've found that Breezy and iTunes 7.4.2 do not work. They are working on a fix for Breezy. What normally does work is to install AppTapp first but you can't do that unless you restore your phone, which might be an option for you.

To restore, boot into restore mode (hold down power and home until you see the yellow triangle).

On a newly restored phone, install in this order:
    AppTapp
    Breezy
    Whatever other stuff you need
    White 3G

Read my bootstrap error thread in this section.

For those that are search challenged... THREAD HERE
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-22-2007 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Added linkage
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

Thanks to all. I finally was able to get App Tapp on my phone. Now I have to figure out how to use it. I haven't tried breezy yet, one step at a time. Any suggestions as to a next step. I would like to get ringtones and I have ringtonemaker so I think I'm all set with that. I'm not really into playing games on the phone, just looking for good productive type applications. Thanks again.
    J

Quote Originally Posted by j-man View Post
    Any suggestions as to a next step.
    Install the programs that interest you.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.