+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: no caller id - vodafone australia

is a discussion within the

OS X Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
hi After modding my at&t activated phone to work on vodafone australia i find i have no caller id from my contacts list. Most of my contact numbers are entered
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default no caller id - vodafone australia
    hi
    After modding my at&t activated phone to work on vodafone australia i find i have no caller id from my contacts list. Most of my contact numbers are entered in the international format of [+country-area code-number]

Numbers are all displayed in the USA format and if there is a way of changing that format i can't find it in my settings.

When i receive a local call from a contact in my address book(havent yet seen result from international call), it does not display the international format but rather the local format with area code and does not provide a caller id'd name

Anyone know the soution?

Thanks

No, but you're NOT ALONE

White 3G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i have resolved the problem!!
    it is a bug in the phone which will likely be fixed in the future by apple
    today there is a workaround which requires downloading a file and presto it works. I founds the solution and it is explained at:

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7736

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks
    Couldnt be clearer help..appreciate it
    Disappointingly however, i find that the list does not include settings for Vodafona australia. Would you know if this is just an omission due to lack of demand yet and maybe someone can tell me what the settings are, or if this is endemic and i need to switch my carrier to something like TELSTRA in Australia?

Regards
    Splurge

EDIT: i should have looked before i asked. With a little searching i found the settings to enable edge for iphone on Vodafone. For any other interested vodafone australia users to APN setting that has worked for me is:

go to SETTINGS>GENERAL>NETWORK>EDGE

put in:
    APN: vfinternet.au
    USERNAME: [leave blank]
    PASSWORD: [leave blank]

this works for iphone in australia but you need to be on a cap plan or just a plas as prepaid do not have access to all the nice net stuff lol

thanks
    Couldnt be clearer help..appreciate it
    Disappointingly however, i find that the list does not include settings for Vodafona australia. Would you know if this is just an omission due to lack of demand yet and maybe someone can tell me what the settings are, or if this is endemic and i need to switch my carrier to something like TELSTRA in Australia?

Regards
    Splurge

EDIT: i should have looked before i asked. With a little searching i found the settings to enable edge for iphone on Vodafone. For any other interested vodafone australia users to APN setting that has worked for me is:

go to SETTINGS>GENERAL>NETWORK>EDGE

put in:
    APN: vfinternet.au
    USERNAME: [leave blank]
    PASSWORD: [leave blank]

this works for iphone in australia but you need to be on a cap plan or just a plas as prepaid do not have access to all the nice net stuff lol
    Last edited by gyix; 05-27-2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost