+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SSH, iPhoneTunnel not working on iBook

is a discussion within the

OS X Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
Wondering if anyone can help with this problem. I have set up my MacBook to ssh to my iPhone over USB (for tethering purposes) using iPhoneTunnel and Proxifier. It worked
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default SSH, iPhoneTunnel not working on iBook
    Wondering if anyone can help with this problem.

I have set up my MacBook to ssh to my iPhone over USB (for tethering purposes) using iPhoneTunnel and Proxifier. It worked like a charm from the very first try.

Now I have tried exactly the same thing with my wife's iPhone on her iBook, and it doesn't work at all. When I choose "tethering" in iPhoneTunnel, it executes the ssh command in the terminal:

ssh -ND 9999 -p 9876 [email protected]

but whereas on my MacBook I get a request for a password, on the iBook, it just hangs there, no request for password, no error message. If I ctrl-C out of the ssh, I can ping 127.0.0.1 no problem.

I am pretty sure the problem is in the iBook, not the iPhone, as I can easily tether either iPhone to my MacBook, but get the same problem using either iPhone on the iBook.

I did notice that there is no ~/.ssh/known_hosts file generated on the iBook at all.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about ssh to trouble-shoot this any further. Anyone have any ideas?

Allan

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I am a windows user and I have not been able to SSH with iPhonetunnel since I upgraded to 2.2

It gives me a connection refused error every time.

Can you SSH into your phone with other apps on 2.2.1?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AllanFRandall View Post
    Wondering if anyone can help with this problem.

I have set up my MacBook to ssh to my iPhone over USB (for tethering purposes) using iPhoneTunnel and Proxifier. It worked like a charm from the very first try.

Now I have tried exactly the same thing with my wife's iPhone on her iBook, and it doesn't work at all. When I choose "tethering" in iPhoneTunnel, it executes the ssh command in the terminal:

ssh -ND 9999 -p 9876 [email protected]

but whereas on my MacBook I get a request for a password, on the iBook, it just hangs there, no request for password, no error message. If I ctrl-C out of the ssh, I can ping 127.0.0.1 no problem.
    Hello,
    I have exactly the same problem on my UMBP. Did you find a solution ? I'm using iPhoneTunnel 2.2 I think.

Tex

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've just tried on my gf's macbook (unibody) anf there it works ! What is the problem ?!

Tex