+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iUnlocked iPhone Contacts Trouble!

is a discussion within the

OS X Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
i performed the iunlock on my new iphone and everything seems to go well EXCEPT my 'phone' app on the iphone does not show the itunes-sync'd contact database from my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iUnlocked iPhone Contacts Trouble!
    i performed the iunlock on my new iphone and everything seems to go well EXCEPT my 'phone' app on the iphone does not show the itunes-sync'd contact database from my computer.

i've tried to go into the iphone directory via fugu to see where the offending addressbook database is, but so far have not found it.

does anyone have any idea what the fix might be? i have about 20Mb worth in my addressbook on the computer that should have been sync'd onto the iphone but the phone app on the iphone shows a big fat ZERO...i.e. no contacts listed at all.

help!

Thanks

I bet a restore would fix it
    White 3G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

greg

i'm working on an iunlocked iphone...using it in hk with my local carrier's sim card.

would a restore undo the unlocking?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi. I'm from HK too.

A restore will not undo the unlocking, but you will need to reactivate the phone. Cheers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy HORROR OF HORRORS! Restore didn't fix it!
    greg, guido

i proceeded with a restore and reactivation. itunes then asked if i wanted to treat the iphone as a new phone or restore the old iphone; i chose the latter. the contacts still do not appear on the iphone.

help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know this sounds extremely silly, but under the "Info" tab in iPhone, for syncing contacts, did you check the box against sync all contacts, and also the boxes that correspond to different groups in your address book?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think you mean the info tab in the iphone syncing section within itune...in which case yes, i checked 'sync all contacts'. but the weird thing is, i could not see nor check any 'groups' within the contacts. the contact dialog box is not showing any groups.

perhaps this means there's some problem on the part of itunes in seeing my contact database?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can't Sync Contacts & Address Book
    I'm having the same problem.

At first, I realized that my contacts on the iPhone is not updated, then I found my MacBook Pro Address Book and iPhone Contacts are not syncing. I can't even download my MacBook's Address Book onto my iphone by ticking the box for <Contacts> on my iPhone's Advance>Replace information on this iPhone.

After reading some posts on Apple discussion forums, I tried the following, some people claimed working but not to me, you may want to try but please read on as it was disastrous at the end:

1) to reset my MacBook Pro's iSync>Preference>Reset Sync History, OR

2) removing the folders under User>Library>ApplicationSupport>SyncServices>Clien tdata.

After several attempts, all my contacts were wiped out on my iPhone.

I'm still looking for the fix, and I heard there's a lot of guru here, hopefully one read this thread and advise what we can do.

For now, I'm left with an iPhone without any contacts on the phone

Help ~

Thanks

Bloody weird this. When iTunes is syncing, do you guys actually see the message "Syncing Contacts" flash by? It is brief or does it last awhile? Is everyone involved using the Mac Address Book?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I too am missing about 100 contacts. If i choose to sync my phone contact list from the box in itunes I get 0 contacts. if I choose all contacts i get about 1/3rd. I have seen a progress bar in itunes showing the syncing of contacts, but they are not there. I just modded the phone last night 1.1.2 itunes 7.5