+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help with iATKOS v4a

is a discussion within the

OS X Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
hey everybody any help with my pc i want to install iATKOS v4a(x86 Mac OS X) to my dell E521 but it let me hanging on "waiting for root device"and
    Thanks

Exclamation help with iATKOS v4a
    hey everybody any help with my pc i want to install iATKOS v4a(x86 Mac OS X) to my dell E521 but it let me hanging on "waiting for root device"and i cant not past from this point these are my pc specs:
    CPU = AMD
    x86Family = AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
    CPU speed = 2.106Ghz
    x86PType = Standard OEM
    x86Flags = 178bfbff
    x86EFlags = ebd3fbff
    SSE,SSE2,SSE3
    MMX2,3DNOW,3DNOW2
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE @ 256MB for video graphics
    BROADCOM 440X10/100 INTEGRATED CONTROLLER

any ideas on how to install it?
    ps i also try iPC OSx86 final and i'm still getting the "waiting for root device" and im starting to loose my faith on this plzz any help would be welcome
    tanx for your time

Thanks

you cant install osx on an amd processor bottom line

__________________________________________________ _________i lied this is the bottom line

you can patch it to work with amd though but it requires osx tiger

Thanks

it supossed to be already patched thats wut i read when i downloaded but the thing here is that it doesnt go any further than the waiting for root device wich is the best distro to to install mac os x on my pc?i heard kalyway works out of the box but i havent try it yet because i read from other post that other people still getting the wating for root device message.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cg_ai4 View Post
    it supossed to be already patched thats wut i read when i downloaded but the thing here is that it doesnt go any further than the waiting for root device wich is the best distro to to install mac os x on my pc?i heard kalyway works out of the box but i havent try it yet because i read from other post that other people still getting the wating for root device message.
    It looks from your profile that you've sorted your issue... but for anyone else...

check this page at ihackintosh...
    How to Solve Still Waiting For Root Device Error | OSX86 Basics

I had loads of problems installing Mac OS X to my pc. I wanted a dual boot system with windows 7 (which was already installed) and tried 5 different distros... all having different issues.

Eventually I formatted my HDD so it was totally blank, Installed OS X 1st (worked like a charm), then installed 7 and set up the multi-boot. All is good now