Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm so confused, breezy and iswitcher

Default I'm so confused, breezy and iswitcher
    ok so I wanted to download iswitcher to put on my phone. so I downloaded the file and so I have a folder with a bunch of stuff in it. I read everywhere that I need breezy to put it on my phone, so I download breezy. now I'm stuck, I don't understand how to get iswitcher onto my phone using breezy. it says the the app should install easily since it is already a pxl file or something, but it's not? ah confused

open breezy and follow the directions to jailbreak the phone.

once thats done just double click the iswitcher package and it will install

if im not mistaken you will need to install the bsd subsystem as well so iswitcher can replace the needed files when it switches themes.

when I double click on iswitcher it just says this file cannot be used on this system.

oh and the iswitcher icon on my computer looks like an app, not a package
    Last edited by santahelper; 09-08-2007 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

is breezy installed and ready to go?

there is a setup of breezy you have to go thru including holding the home and reset buttons then rebooting etc till its unlocked

then you can use it, not until thats done.

yeah breezy is installed and running

what version of iswitcher

it should just install I know mine did both times I used 8.1 and 8.7

I downloaded the only one that's up on that google code site, which says 0.87, I guess the newest one

Quote Originally Posted by santahelper View Post
    I downloaded the only one that's up on that google code site, which says 0.87, I guess the newest one
    Yup, newest one is 0.87. Did you remove the .zip extension? Breezy / iBrickr looks for a .pxl externsion. I only include the .zip to make it easy to download.

So you can plug in your iPhone and then launch Breezy and it shows whatever (maybe none) other pxl packages you've installed, right? Now all you should have to do is double-click the iSwitcher .pxl file.
    White 3G

I dunno, I just downloaded it. there's no pxl files at all. usually I'm not such a moron with these kinds of things

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

when you download the file it should be called iSwitcher_v0.87.pxl.zip all you have to do is remove the .zip extention

and then double click

nvm my phone is now acting really screwy and iSwitcher wont uninstall

going to have to do a complete restore
    Last edited by iPhone1118; 09-08-2007 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I am the MacBook Pro

when I downloaded it, it all came in a folder called iSwitcher_v0. inside that is apps, instroot, manual install.txt, master, pxlpkg.plist, and themes. in the apps folder is only "iSwitcher" which doesn't do anything

i don't see any .zip files?

it just takes me a website full of random characters (I guess a code?) when I click on iswitcher

Right click the link and choose save as.

Or, if you have downloaded it on your Mac, look in your Trash, the .zip file is in there. Drag it out, remove the .zip and you have your .pxl file.
    White 3G

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

santahelper (09-09-2007)

ahh thank you I got it finally. appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by santahelper View Post
    ahh thank you I got it finally. appreciate it
    No problem... I'd like to make it easier but if I don't upload them as .zip files then all the users without Breezy or iBrickr won't know what to do with a .pxl file.

White 3G