Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Making the new dock blend?

Question Making the new dock blend?
    Ok so my problem is basically making the new iPod touch dock blend with my background on SummerBoard.

I have tried making the top half of the dock transparent: no luck there

I have blended in my background with the dock in photoshop: only partial luck there as you can see.

it looks great in my opinion but the problem is that when I drag around the icons they disappear behind the top part of the dock (the one with the transparency and the one with part of the background image)

and then to

MY QUESTION is if there's any way that I can see the icons keep going past my phone, mail, safari, and ipod icons and behind the dock? (instead of vanishing where the 'original' dock begins?

I'm curious how to even 1. Change your icons. I wouldn't mind having a different icon for mail (like the one on OS X) and I like your ipod one. and 2. how to change the dock like what you have. I actually got on the forums to ask if people think they will change the dock for the iphone to mimic the ipod touch dock and of course leopards new dock. thanks

I suggest you get Cyberduck (if you're a Mac user) use that to SFTP file transfer .png files onto the phone. If you're new to this modding thing then I suggest you wait it out a week or so since we can't jailbreak into the phones again (that is to say if you haven't installed SSH and iPHUC)

I'd suggest using the Wiki on this site to research how to hack into the phone or go to http://www.hacktheiphone.com/

I used both sites as guides