+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Caution! iTunes 7.4 and Breezy

is a discussion within the

OS X Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
I was working on a friends iPhone. I had to install the 1.0.2 update with iTunes 7.4. Phone worked fine afterwards (unmodified). I connected up and started to install Breezy
    Thanks

Default Caution! iTunes 7.4 and Breezy
    I was working on a friends iPhone. I had to install the 1.0.2 update with iTunes 7.4. Phone worked fine afterwards (unmodified).

I connected up and started to install Breezy and crash. The iPhone was stuck in Restore mode. Yikes!.

Well try as I might, I could not get it out of restore mode so restore I did. The phone again worked fine. This time I downloaded the new AppInstaller for 7.4 V3.0 HERE and it installed "Installer.app" just fine.

Afterwards I was also able to finish the Breezy install and it now works too.

Again, this was on an unmodified iPhone. I have installed and used iTunes 7.4 and it has not effected my iPhone at all. But for those that have to restore, AppInstaller is THE choice for now.
    White 3G

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    I was working on a friends iPhone. I had to install the 1.0.2 update with iTunes 7.4. Phone worked fine afterwards (unmodified).

I connected up and started to install Breezy and crash. The iPhone was stuck in Restore mode. Yikes!.

Well try as I might, I could not get it out of restore mode so restore I did. The phone again worked fine. This time I downloaded the new AppInstaller for 7.4 V3.0 HERE and it installed "Installer.app" just fine.

Afterwards I was also able to finish the Breezy install and it now works too.

Again, this was on an unmodified iPhone. I have installed and used iTunes 7.4 and it has not effected my iPhone at all. But for those that have to restore, AppInstaller is THE choice for now.
    so whats the trick to get it out of restore mode

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
    so whats the trick to get it out of restore mode
    I had to perform the restore, I couldn't find any trick.

Just to clarify, after using AppInstaller v3.0 I could use iphuc in Terminal as well so it really is 'the' tool to use on an unmodded iPhone w/iTunes 7.4
    White 3G