+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone will no longer sync! help please

is a discussion within the

OS X Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
last week i downloaded and installed the installer app as well as cyberduck for ringtones. i was able to install the installer app, voice recorder, and all those apps no
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iphone will no longer sync! help please
    last week i downloaded and installed the installer app as well as cyberduck for ringtones. i was able to install the installer app, voice recorder, and all those apps no problem. i was also able to use cyberduck and transfer ringtones to the phone.
    i'm a PPC user and downloaded ifuntastic v3 to change the theme. however, now i cannot sync my phone with itunes at all! i know my computer can see it because whenever i plug the phone in iphoto pops up and wants to import photos. unfortunately, my address book, itunes, etc doesn't see the iphone.
    does the installer app mess with the sync process? any suggestions?

thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

*update*
    i restarted and reinstalled everything and was able to sync my phone. i was also able to connect to ifuntastic and change the background. however, i cannot figure out how to change the icons, nor get rid of pages 1, 2,3, 4?

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

to change icons, use cyberduck to put a new "icon.png" into each application folder. for example, if you wanted to change the calculator icon, using cyberduck you would go into the /Applications/Calculator.app folder and replace the existing icon.png with your new icon (renamed to icon.png). restart the phone to see new icons.

i don't play with multiple pages...i just use the dock applications (and as of today, i use summerboard + dock v2 for all my app launching needs.

to fix the syncing issue (next time), you just need to go into cyberduck and drop the Services.plist file (from the downloads section, under the stock files section) into the /System/Library/Lockdown folder (replace existing file if there is one). reboot and you're good to go.
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Does this file work in windows?