+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A little help with homescreen...

is a discussion within the

OS X Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
So I finally got the courage last night to begin modding my iPhone. I own a PPC G4 and I decided to try out the new version of iFuntastic. I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation A little help with homescreen...
    So I finally got the courage last night to begin modding my iPhone. I own a PPC G4 and I decided to try out the new version of iFuntastic. I got everything running smoothly, have had no problems installing 3rd party apps or ringtones. It was a bit tedious changing the icons, but overall a pleasant experience. However, I am having problems understanding how to set the background for the WoW theme.
    I thought I understood the authors instructions. I copied the icon.pgn from the file to the icon.pgn ine the demoapp folder on the phone, to no avail. All I got was an ugly little orange box for an icon. If anyone can be of assistance, it would be greatly appreciated. I am new at this, like most on this forum, and am very eager to learn. Thanks

BTW...I don't use Windows...haha...unless I HAVE to. Can I change that under my name?
    Last edited by katarnsaber; 08-31-2007 at 01:08 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,224 Posts

iFuntastic doesn't upload images correctly. Always does that orange bg thing.

And the I Still Use Windows thing is post based, so get over 30 posts.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

katarnsaber (08-31-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That kinda sucks... any ideas on how to do this successfully on a PPC? I have uploaded several images without any problems, I'm surprised that this one wont work. I have the basic background for the theme working just fine under ifuntastic, but the background with the application labels under the icons is the problem. The author says that it is a hack that he created to stretch the background image. Aw well.
    Post #2!!! On my way to a better label!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can recommend another method. you can compress your theme icons into PKG file, If you don't know how to do it, please visit iphone theme site. You can download PKG file, and then use iPhone Hack Toolkit ,insert a PKG file, just one click you will get the iphone theme which you want.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

how do you change the icons?
    i finally got ifuntastic to work on my ibook, changed the background, but can't seem to find out how to change the icons.
    i'd also like to get rid of pages 1, 2, 3, 4 as i don't need them.

anyone else notice that when you change pages whatever wallpaper you had defaults to whatever you have for the page background?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do you get rid of the extra pages?

*edit... I just went into the Application folder and deleted all the pages. Seems to have worked with no issues.
    Last edited by MedRed; 09-03-2007 at 12:02 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

use installer.app to install SummerBoard. that sets your "wallpaper" to be your application selection screen background...very nice and easy...
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi im very new to this i was trying to skin my iphone i got as far as having the icons downloaded and then i put them in the phonedmg folder that i created previously, but i just have no clue on how to put all those commands in the terminal - iphone interface-80*24 can any one tell me how to do that i tryied and tried but i get a mesage that says: command "iphone:/applicationns/calculator.app/# not found please help me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dina View Post
    I can recommend another method. you can compress your theme icons into PKG file, If you don't know how to do it, please visit iphone theme site. You can download PKG file, and then use iPhone Hack Toolkit ,insert a PKG file, just one click you will get the iphone theme which you want.
    It seems that the iPhone Hack ToolKit is for PC users only. I have a PPC, what can I do to compress into PKG file ? And where would I insert the PKG file ? Good looking out on this

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a mac and I tried using the hacking tools I went to the web page u mention and it did not work im gonna try again. Thank you