+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Leopard compatibility

is a discussion within the

OS X Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
Is anyone else here running the WWDC Leopard beta? I put it on my mac last week, and there have still been no updates for it. So now I'm worried.
    Thanks

Default Leopard compatibility
    Is anyone else here running the WWDC Leopard beta? I put it on my mac last week, and there have still been no updates for it. So now I'm worried. Will the iPhone work with it? Can I just download and install the latest iTunes to take care of it? Am I going to have to put Tiger back on, just so I can use my shiny new phone?

I'm nervous . I really don't want to get rid of Leopard, but I really don't want to come home to a computer that can't activate my iPhone on Friday either.

Edit: Well, I'm a noob. I thought I clicked the OS X forum. Would a mod mind moving this?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,222 Posts

Sure, moved. And nope, not running it. Share the love.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

Hee, the love can be easily accessed through Bittorrent or Usenet ;-). I'd offer to burn and ship, but burning requires dual-layer DVD+Rs and I have to sneak on my boss's computer when he goes on lunch break to do it.

Edit: A tip, though -- don't switch to Leopard before the iPhone release. Because once you do, you'll be immediately hooked and not want to go back, and have the exact same dilemma I do.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,222 Posts

Ha, sounds good my friend. Although I'm sure iTunes is the same either way. Yes?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

Yep, it just doesn't update along with the Tiger iTunes. I'm sure it will still interface with all the other programs it needs to interface with for syncing too . . but you never know

Thanks

For the record.. Leopard doesn't work.

I could vomit.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,271 Times in 652 Posts

YES I almost switched to leopard last night. very happy I didnt

Thanks

lol, man, you have no idea how frustrating that was. I had to do a full reformat and start from scratch with tiger. Back evvverything up, install tiger, put it alll back on, install essential programs, run the updater 3 times, THEN activate my iPhone. And that's not even all, because AT&T kept telling me I wasn't providing valid information to identify myself! After a friggin half hour, I realize they're using the very first address I every had with them, rather than either of the two I've changed it to since. It was nearly 10 by the time I got the damn thing to go into the menu.

But the important part is... it was TOTALLY worth the headache

If anyone's looking for more info though, it seemed like a driver issue. iTunes 7.3 ran just fine on Leopard, but when I plugged the phone in and it recognized it and linked it up, iTunes hung. Every single time, in every single configuration I could think of.
    Last edited by TomFrost; 06-30-2007 at 10:03 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You could try activating with a different computer.
    Last edited by tehmacuser; 07-02-2007 at 07:44 PM.

Thanks

Heh, that was the problem. I was stuck either going back to 10.4 on my powerbook, or I was stuck installing Windows on my Linux box. And since the linux box is my file server, I opted to reinstall 10.4 ;-). It worked out! I don't think I'll go back to leopard until full release, though. I freaking love it, but I'd rather not have any difficulties with future phone flashes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, I tried installing Leopard on my Core Duo iMac, it lasted just 2 days. I couldn't get connected to the internet. I tried using the same settings that worked in Tiger but had no luck. Leopard sure did look nice though. I loved the new dock and playing around with Time Machine. Forgot to check out spaces, though. I loved having my web browser on one window and a Pan running in another desktop under Linux. Can't wait to see the finished product in October. Now I'm back in Tiger and I still haven't finished re-installing my most used apps.

Developer
    Thanks

My iPhone seemed to work fine in Leopard WWDC build. I didn't try to do much with the iPhone there, but it grabbed all my camera photos right off the iPhone with little effort and also showed a cool picture of the iPhone while doing it.

I updated to the new iTunes, but didn't try it for anything with my iPhone because I have it paired with my Tiger install.