+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Icons WTF?

is a discussion within the

OS X Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
I am trying to replace the icons to make them custom fomr a set I downloaded, however when I change them out, a big box appears around the icon. What
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone Icons WTF?
    I am trying to replace the icons to make them custom fomr a set I downloaded, however when I change them out, a big box appears around the icon. What am I doing wrong? I am using iFuntastic Ver 3.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yea man i dont know what is up with funtastic on that.

i've looked at all the versions and they always make you put a color behind the icon, i don't know how you get rid of that besides, placing your icons on your background and cutting them out that way so that the background is cut out with the icon, but that gets tricky because you have to have everything line up right. ( i tried)

i would try the iphone skinner

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

I haven't used iFuntastic.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone owensdus's Avatar
    Thanks

your not alone man Im having the same Problem....... I just use a the black background until it is worked out or the original icons..... but othen then that it is great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

try unchecking use mask

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    unchecking mask doesn't do anything. I figured out a work around where you can replace the icons on the home screen and have it be transparent with no background color.

In the iFuntastic Support folder, there is a TempFiles2 >>> Homescreen folder. In there is the icons that show up on the left side of the iFuntastic 3 screen where you drag the apps to reorder the home screen. With the iFuntastic application running, replace these icons in the folder with whatever icons you would like to customize. Make sure to name the icons exactly the same way they are named in that "TempFiles2 >> Homescreen " folder.

Within the iFuntastic application, the icons will not register but when you drag it onto the iphone to arrange, it will display the modified icons.
    Just update the phone and you have icons that are transparent without background!

Just remember if you quit or restart the program, the icons that you modified in the folder revert back to their normal state so backup that HomeScreen folder somewhere else.

still haven't figured out how to modify the stupid full names of the icons though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Drag n Drop
    I got ALL my icon backgrounds to be transparent by renaming my icon to the exact name of the icon im replacing then i just drag n drop... if you choose the same file from the list menu if gives it a color bkgrnd... ive done it to every icon and more... hope that helps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wow that was genius raider! i have been trying to figure out how to do that for so long i tried to size the icons to fit the window but it just would look awkward and come out boxy... going to the file manager and just replacing the icon.png file with the icon.png file that you want is the way to do it! excellent work i have been killing myself trying to figure this out lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

...hello, what about the text below the icons ? Any information how to rename or recover the missing text (name) of the icons ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What about using Flash? Set bg to no bg, paste your icon, convert to bitmap, remove unneeded things around icons (still no bg) and save as *.png.

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    ...hello, what about the text below the icons ? Any information how to rename or recover the missing text (name) of the icons ?
    You mean the names of apps or what? If you mean the text on icon itself, just add the text to icon itself. If its a name then just unhide them (Summer-, Spring- or Winter- board) if you did before.
    Last edited by w4r10rd; 03-30-2009 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If you have an intercourse with me - its love
    If I have an intercourse with you - it is pedophilia
    :/

-> iPod Nano 8GB - never broke down
    -> iPhone 2G, CFW 2.2.1, spoofed IMEI, unlocked
    -> Forgot to add. iPhone broke down exactly 104 times in 5 months, I went through 138 FW/CFW restores on 6 different PCs

Green Apple
    Thanks

this is an older thread but in case someone still has a question about it, the issue is using a background color instead of background transparency. MS paint and the like won't let you use transparency, but a free imaged editing software (Gimp) will and will do just about everything else you want for editing images as well.

Thanks

try photoshop

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

still dont know what to do with that anoying black backgroung of icon when im replacing them. i named it with ''icon.png'' or ''Icon.png'' (exacly what oryginal) and resp and there is stil this black box around them. (i use photoshop, they have transparent).