+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with iFuntastic ver. 3...

is a discussion within the

OS X Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
I am new to modding and have just downloaded Ifun 3. I managed to change the background of the home screen, change the carrier logo, and rearrange the icons. However
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Help with iFuntastic ver. 3...
    I am new to modding and have just downloaded Ifun 3. I managed to change the background of the home screen, change the carrier logo, and rearrange the icons. However I'm having trouble with adding ringtones, changing the app icons, and adding new apps like nintendo and such.
    Could somone please help a noob out?!

Thanks

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,224 Posts

iFuntastic 3 seems to be having some issues. You CAN add apps, but you can't set permissions on them (chmod) which you need to do in order for the iPhone to run them.

As to your other issues, what specifically is the issue?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well, i figured out how to use audacity so I've got the ringtones figured out.
    But I cant figure out how to download applications and application icons. I guess specifically where and how to download them. Also is it for real 3rd party apps or 3rd party web apps?

Thanks

P.s. is there a way to also change the names of the apps on the homescreen so the dont say mobile ( ), and how do i get the NES roms onto the iphone?
    Last edited by jeffmjr; 08-31-2007 at 02:22 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a noob question but how do you set permissions for the apps

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmjr View Post
    P.s. is there a way to also change the names of the apps on the homescreen so the dont say mobile ( ), and how do i get the NES roms onto the iphone?
    Here's how I changed the names:

Make sure iFuntastic is closed. Go to your HD>Applications>iFuntastic Support (folder) and open a text file called HomeScreenArrangement.txt.
    You will now see a list like "com.apple...." . Type a new name after the "newName=" replacing the default name apps to your custom name. Make sure there is a space after the"=" sign.
    When finished, save your changes.
    Now open iFuntastic. Go to Home Screen. You should now see the updated app names, yes? Now click "Update iPhone". Your iPhone will prompt you to "slide to unlock". Hope this works for you.

PS... This is a great app but this version is really buggy. Looking forward to the next update...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I my self am not a computer guy and have been able to change ringtones and re arrange the widgets but can not for the life of me figure out how to upload themes... not user were to drop these tar files that the themes come as or how they would be opened if any one figures it out please let me know i have been reading these forums for a couple days and its seems easy but i always hit some speed bump !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i tried to rename the icons like you said but they are still the same

iPhone? More like MyPhone FrogsOblivious's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by viva hate View Post
    I my self am not a computer guy and have been able to change ringtones and re arrange the widgets but can not for the life of me figure out how to upload themes... not user were to drop these tar files that the themes come as or how they would be opened if any one figures it out please let me know i have been reading these forums for a couple days and its seems easy but i always hit some speed bump !
    Open .tar's with Stuffit Expander

...amirite?

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

.tar is a compressed file format, correct. inside of that .tar file are all of the other icon files that you will replace the stock icons with. pretty much all of them have to be named icon.png before making a new home on your phone...
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i unzipped all the .tar files and i have all the icon.png files ready to replace the old ones...but i can't figure out how to replace them

i've tried hitting the "replace image with" thing and what not..but when i hit "update iphone"...nothing happens...am i missin a step somewhere

please help