Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP...progs dont work

Default HELP...progs dont work
    well...browsing my apps thru finder.. i see this app named MobileSlideshow.app....with no icon... so i figured i didnt need it

WRONG..

its my camera and photo app.... so once it waz deleted.. i quickly found it and reinstalled it...

restarted phone

i got them back YAY!....but thing is...when i open them..it dosent work..just opens and after a few secs..goes back to the home screen..

any ideas on how to fix this? otherwise the next step is COMPLETE RESTORE!...and i dont want to do that..

ALSO!!

to reinstall them..i used ibrikr and added a folder named MobileSlideShow.app..

then within copied the files it needed

rebooted

then icons and all are there yet they dotn work 100%...

did i miss something?
    Last edited by SubZ3r0; 08-27-2007 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You need to chmod +x MobileSlideShow. Also, icon-Camera.png and icon-Photos.png are the icons for the camera and photos app.

that command...do i do that in terminal?...

WOOT...ok..i did it.. thanks for the help..

does this go for all apps i install manualy?
    Last edited by SubZ3r0; 08-27-2007 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No problem. You should be flying in no time!

Yes, for every app that you install you need to set the permissions to allow execution.

How do I chmod? where do i type it?

its probably easier if you install winSCP and connect to the iphone that way. then you just go to the mobileslideshow.app folder, click properties on each file and folder in there and set permissioin 0755. then everytthing should work again. (After restart of the phone ofcourse)

this method needs SHH installed, but thats super easy to install, go to
    http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/howt...on-your-iphone

good luck