Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPHUC

Default iPHUC
    when i type "./autogen.sh && ./configure --with-readline=/opt/local && make" it returns with:

_rl_completion_append_character
    _rl_completion_matches
    _rl_readline_name
    _rl_set_signals
    _xmalloc
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [iphuc] Error 1
    make: *** [all] Error 2

anyone have any ideas on what i need to do.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

huh more detail? what are you trying to accomplish?

i am trying to work my way through the installing iPHUC iphone wiki. I have worked though this once before with no problem and then went on to the ssh wiki and ran into a problem. I have done everything the same this go around so i don't understand why i am getting these errors. also after using this command "cd phonedmg/iphuc/iPhone/trunk/iPHUC" and then "./iPHUC" i get the following:

-bash: ./iPHUC: No such file or directory

Please let me know if there is anything else you need in order to help me. thank you so much

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

cd phonedmg/iphuc/iPhone/trunk/iPHUC

then

ls

copy what it says here

Official MMI Troll with an Attitude Digitol's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like iphuc binary has not been compiled. Make sure you have the LATEST version of apple dev tools installed. MacPorts is pretty simple should install without issue using the wiki guide, and again making sure you have the latest version of Apple Dev tools installed. Wouldn't hurt to repair permissions either. If your already in the terminal:
    diskutil repairPermissions /

-Digitol-

The folder name is 'iPHUC' however the executable name is 'iphuc', but STOP! Go HERE and download the new and improved version of iPHUC. It looks like someone made a nice install script. Sweet..

Thanks guys I will give all of that a try when i get off of work today.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was having the same problem - I shall try this after work as well and hope for the best.

great let me know if you have any luck and i will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    The folder name is 'iPHUC' however the executable name is 'iphuc', but STOP! Go HERE and download the new and improved version of iPHUC. It looks like someone made a nice install script. Sweet..
    Has anyone tried this method?? IF so let me know how it worked for you. When i tried it, it got the the msg that said disconnect and hold down the home and power buttons tell you see the service triangle and then reconnect it. well when i reconnect it nothing happens. Please let me know if any of you have tried this and whether or not it worked for you.

Ok guys i have used this twice now to try to install the iphuc and installer app onto my iphone. I have made it all the way though with no errors twice now and everything seems to work fine till i look on the springboard and the installer app isn't on there which the file said it might not be and to try shutting down the phone and powering it back up. So when i try that it ends up going back into recovery mode and i can't get it out. Please anyone have any suggestions.
    Last edited by mattconn24; 08-23-2007 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost