Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP with my iphone!!

Default HELP with my iphone!!
    After messing up with jailbreak and iPHUC, my iPhone dies.. I am really frustrated..

When I use "jailbreak 1.0" to jailbreak my iPhone, it gave me this error message:
    Code:

Looking for iPhone... Sending Files... InvalidCheckin Problem starting AFC: -402653149 Sorry, apparently things just didn't work out. Look on the bright side, if jail was that good for Paris maybe you should give it a second chance.

And then, I use iActicator to jailbreak. But things just got even worse. iActivator first told me "jailbreak succeeded" but then it said "Connection failed".

Since then, my iPhone dies...

When I press the Sleep Button to start up the iPhone, it shows the silver Apple logo for ridiculously long. Then, iTunes pops up a error message:

Code:

iTunes could not connect to the iPhone "iPhone" because an unkown error occured (0xE8000023)

Finally, iPhone did boot up but it is not responding. It shows up the earth wallpaper and then change to a battery view. Interestingly, the clock shows a correct time. Since I connect my iPhone via the iPod universal dock, iPhone pops up a warning message which told me whether to enable the airplane mode.

And this is what my iPhone can do now. After all of that, it shut down.

Default iActivation error connecting..unable to restore..HELP
    I am having the same problem...someone help!

Default Try this
    To restore, take the iPhone out of its dock (make sure it's plugged into your Mac) and turn it off. After like 5 seconds, press and hold the home button. While still holding the home button, put it in the dock and keep holding until you get the yellow triangle. iTunes should prompt you to restore.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HannesB For This Useful Post:

P3nGuiN (09-07-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by HannesB View Post
    To restore, take the iPhone out of its dock (make sure it's plugged into your Mac) and turn it off. After like 5 seconds, press and hold the home button. While still holding the home button, put it in the dock and keep holding until you get the yellow triangle. iTunes should prompt you to restore.
    doood thanks that worked!!!!

My phone wont restore at all. It runs some kinda weird script after reintalling software and keeps trying to reboot itself. Any ideas???

I am in what sounds like the same situation. I have restored several times but still get a script looping and restarting. Any help appreciated.

BG

I have the same problem. Nonstop scrolling text. Notice it says darwin at the top in beginning. then reboots, and won't stop doing this. Anyone have any ideas? Won't connect to my mac at all during this.

Hopefully i can replace the back cover, cause it got marred while taking it off to unlock. Then send it in for repair or replace.

Please help if you know any way to restore firmware.

Google "iphone endless reboot". I haven't checked out the links yet but there does seem to help out there. I will report back if I get a solution.

BG

I thought i fixed it.
    Held Home+power buttons til it shut-off, Waited about 30 secounds,
    Then held home button while plugging into dock.
    It went into recovery mode.
    Ran restore in iTunes. Was looking good. Itunes said restore completed.

Then scrolling starts again. ugggh!

This works!! http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/endless_reboot

I had to open iTunes then hold Home and on/off simultanously until I got the yellow triangle. Once iTunes asked about a restore I quit iTunes and followed the instructions in the link above.

Good luck!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    my iphone has been stuck with a itunes simble and a plug simble on the screen i try to do the restore to 1.0.2 and get to the apptap and it doesnt finish what should i do im stuck. if i try independence and get a bootstrap error message can anyone help me.

Default I keep getting a ipod usb cable pointing to itunes logo
    Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone can help me with this problem i keep getting when i try to use my ifuntastic. A week ago i was all modded up and had everythhing but then something got wrong so i restored it and when i tried unshakling it and putting installer, my iphone shows a ipod usb with an arrow at the itunes sign. And it just stays there and installer never completes its installation on it. And when i open up itunes it says its in recovery mode and i have to restore it again. Does anyone know what i got to do for me to get ifuntastic up and running on my iphone again or how to completely get installer on my iphone with out that problem happening.
    Thanks

My iphone will get calls on tmobile but always has the usb arrow itunes ****