+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ugh, pwnage screwed me, stuck with unactivated 2.0 phone, can't downgrade!!

is a discussion within the

OS X Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
I was running a jailbroken 1.1.4 phone, went through the pwnage process, and resulted in a "please connect to itunes" screen on my phone, as opposed to the bootloader screen
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Ugh, pwnage screwed me, stuck with unactivated 2.0 phone, can't downgrade!!
    I was running a jailbroken 1.1.4 phone, went through the pwnage process, and resulted in a "please connect to itunes" screen on my phone, as opposed to the bootloader screen I expected.

Now I wound up restoring to 2.0, and I cannot downgrade to 1.1.4 or any other firmware and get an error when I try. The phone isn't showing up as activated even though I'm paying for service atm, I don't want to reactivate it again and enter in more payment information when it's already active!!

What should I do??

Thanks

Try running pwnage again with 2.0 on the iphone. It should still work. Otherwise, there is a guide to downgrading to 1.1.4 that involves downgrading your iTunes also.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    put the phone in DFU mode (search google on how to, or use ZiPhone to) and connect to the computer. iTunes will open and hold down shift (or option in mac) while you click restore. Find the PWNED 2.0 ISPW file and it will overwrite everything on your phone with the pwned 2.0.

Thanks

No matter what I try to do with it I get

"unknown error occured (20)"

I will try searching up downgrading itunes, b/c nothing else is working