Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is there a way to get the new garage band that makes ringtones without paying 70$

Default is there a way to get the new garage band that makes ringtones without paying 70$
    for iLife? I have a mac but it only has garage band v2.0.2 or something and for the ringtones one you need like version 4

make your ringtones as m4a files, then rename them to m4r!

click and watch them load into itunes 7.5!

garageband makes it easy... but it's not the only program in town!
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

i tried changing them to m4r. then i added them to the library and tey didnt go into the ringtone playlist. they jsut went in with the rest of my songs

the files have to be no longer than about 35 seconds long. you have to get info on a particular file & then change the start stop time.
    then rename.

I did that.

On garage band I made picked like a 20 seconds part of the song I wanted, then I exported it to itunes, then I converted it to AAC, then I clicked show in finder, then I changed it to .m4r, then I went to itunes and clciked File/add to library, then I picked the song I just did all the stuff to, then It doesnt show up in ringtones

are you sure you renamed it ?

xxx.m4a -> xxx.m4r, not xxx.m4r.m4a !

depending on your finder settings it can be difficult... does the finder show that the file is a ringtone? IM me if you need more help!
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jakecigar For This Useful Post:

mikron (12-30-2007)

im having the same problem when i change the name to .m4r its just staying in my library, what do i need to do? in finder it is a ringtone

do i have to jailbreak my phone for the itunes method to work?

n/m i found out how it works, after u convert the song u have to move it to a diff file and play it. then it will be in your ringtones folder on itunes
    Last edited by digipix; 01-03-2008 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

How do you pull the 30 snippet out of the full song??? Also is it changed in itunes or do you need to change the text with finder... sorry noob questions... Im using the send song method now but would like to learn how to do this...

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

in regards to getting garage band another way, anything is possible on the internet, but it isn't legal and would be against apples terms of service and copyright law, as well as the rules on this forum

I'd stick to doing ringtones the way described above.
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."