+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP: System/Library/Audio/UISounds/lock.caf

is a discussion within the

OS X Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
I downloaded the latest ifuntastic, and had no problem changing themes, images, and ringtones. But I noticed after hacking with ifuntastic when I put my phone to sleep tarzan starts
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default HELP: System/Library/Audio/UISounds/lock.caf
    I downloaded the latest ifuntastic, and had no problem changing themes, images, and ringtones.
    But I noticed after hacking with ifuntastic when I put my phone to sleep tarzan starts yelling.
    So I went back to ifuntastic to find the sound and try to change it.
    I found it Located here: System/Library/Audio/UISounds/lock.caf
    I tried to change it back to the normal sound by clicking on choose sound file. But when I search for the correct file and tried to select it it will not let me.
    Does anybody know how I can fix this problem ?
    Last edited by adam.barb; 08-09-2007 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Tarzan FTW~!~

haha, sorry I dont have any real help for you... I would just try to find the stock lock sound on here somewhere (not sure if they have it in the downloads section or not...), then I would just upload that into the iphone via iPhoneInterface...

edit*
    step by step,
    open terminal
    ./jailbreak
    ./iPhoneInterface
    cd System/Library/Audio/UISounds/
    putfile lock.caf (assuming you have found the the original file and have put it in your phonedmg folder)....
    Last edited by s2kpdx; 08-09-2007 at 11:55 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My question is jsut the opposite. I want to change that sound, but do i rename the mp3 clip lock.caf?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Worked for me for .caf's
    Hey I have ifuntastic and used the browser to change my sounds. First of all find a sound file you like. MP3, wav, etc. Then put that file in itunes. Change the file to AIF encoder file. So know you have an aif. Let's say it's named monkey.aif Now slide that file to the desk top. Then place in in let's say the music folder. Right click and get info. Because I want to change the sms received message which is pretty pitiful let's do this. Change the monkey.aif to sms-received.aif I know bare with me. Isn't it supposed to be .caf No. Close itunes completely out now. Start up ifuntastic and do the prepare like normal. When it finally is ready. Go to the browser section system library audio UIsounds and find sms-received.caf I still know that it says .caf Hold on. At this time you can save the default .caf if you are scared. After that. Hit the replace sound button. Browse to your music folder and find your file sms-received.aif and lo and behold you should be able to now pick it. Open it, then hit update iphone. Now go to the menu on the left and you can preview the updated version of sms-received.caf it still says sms-received.caf but plays your aif file. So now I have a cool message that I can finally blooming hear. Yah it worked for me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mylor For This Useful Post:

pwade (10-16-2008)

Thanks

Wow! for some reason, i have tried and tried different methods for a good 2 months now and no luck. I dont know why this works but it does. Many thanks!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default working progress
    for me i simply set my folder options to not hide file extension types, renamed xxxx.mp3 to xxxx.caf clicked ok when it tells you are you sure you want to change this file, blah blah, set my default player for .caf extensions to quick time and they work, you dont need any special converters for this. all done on windows vista 64-bit

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aaronxj407 View Post
    for me i simply set my folder options to not hide file extension types, renamed xxxx.mp3 to xxxx.caf clicked ok when it tells you are you sure you want to change this file, blah blah, set my default player for .caf extensions to quick time and they work, you dont need any special converters for this. all done on windows vista 64-bit
    Really all done on Windows Vista? So that's why you're posting this in the OSX specific section