+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: please help fellow OSX ers

is a discussion within the

OS X Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
Hey guys . I need some help installing this onto my iphone . I ve searched and ive tried several ways to get it to work but im not doing
    Default please help fellow OSX ers
    Hey guys . I need some help installing this onto my iphone . I ve searched and ive tried several ways to get it to work but im not doing something right . I dont know how to make categories and i dont know exactly where to put the files at when i go to var/mobile/summerboard/themes I use FUGU can someone please help me this is the first time ive had a .rar file to move into iphone . heres what im wanting to get .............

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/1165871-post188.html

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

im in the same boat.. i have so many downloads on my mac but i have no clue how to load them onto the iphone... i have used finder and AFPd and, cyberduck, and transmit and i come up with the same result for all three.... nothing

someone HELP Please!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

How to SFTP Summerboard themes 1.1.4

1. install BSD subsystem
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

2. install OpenSSH
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (FuGu or Transmit)
    Search - VersionTracker

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5. Summerboard themes go in var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.

It looks like you may need the app called categories. This is NOT a summerboard theme that is why it is not working. categories lets you have one icon for many different apps, almost like opening up a folder on your computer. Categories should be on installer.
    hope this helps

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacLunatic's Avatar
    Thanks

Agreed.