+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone wont restore

is a discussion within the

OS X Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
well, iv been modding my iphone alot lately and somehow i did something wrong and now iphoneinterface.exe and itunes dont recognize my iphone, which means i cant change music or
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone wont restore
    well, iv been modding my iphone alot lately and somehow i did something wrong and now iphoneinterface.exe and itunes dont recognize my iphone, which means i cant change music or anything on my iphone, so i figured i would put it into recovery mode and restore it like i have before, but this time after it says extracting files then prepairing iphone for restore... it gives me a error that says "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1603).", so im thinking of taking it to the apple store, since its only been 9days since i bought it. Do you think they will give me a new one, and will they be able to tell that i was modding it?

need opinions, thanks in advance

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,224 Posts

Nah it will restore. If the download in iTunes completed, simply connect the iPhone to the computer again, and start it in restore mode (by holding home and sleep for 25 seconds). Then iTunes will fix the iPhone.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i did that already, when itunes its trying to restore it, it gives me that error lol

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Hmm. That'd be the first one I've seen that couldn't be restored. Restarted the computer, and plugged in the iPhone AFTER it was already in Recovery Mode, and iTunes was open?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank god, restarting my comp did the trick, i dont know why i didnt think of that in the first place, thanks alot poetic_folly

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Np. Thread moved to OS X modding.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Talking iphone wont restore
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Np. Thread moved to OS X modding.

i moded my iphone recently and had to restore it. after restoring it, i tried to mod it again, and in the process messed up my phone. i was about halfway through the process when my phone wouldnt stop restarting. i put it in recovery mode and tried to restore it but it sais ""the iphone "iphone" could not be restored. an unknown error occured(-50).""

HELP ME!

Quote Originally Posted by PeperKid View Post
    i moded my iphone recently and had to restore it. after restoring it, i tried to mod it again, and in the process messed up my phone. i was about halfway through the process when my phone wouldnt stop restarting. i put it in recovery mode and tried to restore it but it sais ""the iphone "iphone" could not be restored. an unknown error occured(-50).""

HELP ME!

thank god! i just restarted my comp and it restored fully
    Last edited by PeperKid; 01-01-2008 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost