+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unknown root password, its not dottie or alpine

is a discussion within the

OS X Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
Originally Posted by aiden1983 why not change it using independence? tried. didn't work. nothing could change it.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aiden1983 View Post
    why not change it using independence?
    tried. didn't work. nothing could change it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynikal.Mindset View Post
    apply bsd subsystem fix and suid lib fix and then try again
    Was having password problem on 1.1.4 and this advice fixed it immediately.

IMHO, suggesting remote logins to fix the password problem is missing the point. If you don't have a password, how the heck can you log in with anything. But maybe I need to be corrected on this point.

I am not gonna change my root password just yet.

jb4
    Thanks

I'm having the same problem. I tried to download SUID lib fix off installer but i get and Error saying "Main Script execution failed".
    If my 2 cents helped ya, Thank me by hitting the Thanks Button!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Numberzz View Post
    I can't install suid lib fix, main script execution failed.
    Whenever you have Installer problems, ensure that you clear the queue first and then try. If the problem persists, do a shutdown and restart. I have found that once you try to install something that fails along the way, everything is in a wacky state until you do a restart.

I had the main script execution failure, uninstalled PHP from Conceited Software, restarted, tried again and it worked.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bharned3 View Post
    same issue any resolution. I upgraded to 1.1.3 and used ziphone now I can not log in
    The password is still "alpine", but everyone who has used ZiPhone now seems to have problems entering that in terminal emulators, SSH, etc.

This thread contains instructions for fixing this problem. Or, you can look at my blog (shameless plug: http://iphoneturns.blogspot.com) under
    http://iphoneturns.blogspot.com/2008...o-stinkin.html

which describes the whole process in hideous detail.
    Last edited by 633squadron; 03-30-2008 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Tap Installer

Tap Sources -> edit -> add source http://i.unlock.no and refresh

Tap install -> unlocking tools -> Ziphone Ibrickr fix.

Then iNdependence or iBrickr should recognize your iphone, and you can change password for any account.

MrW
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Its a viscous, viscious scircle!
    I too have this same problem

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi all,

I bought recently my iphone and used ziphone. After that I found that FW is 1.1.4. Now I am trying to change the file or folder permission using squid, Mobile finder. I am not able to change that. root/alpine is working through filezilla but not able to login through vterminal. when ever i click on the program it takes me to black prompt for password. When I put alpine it says incorrect password. after running ziphone I used iliberty jailbreak as well. Please suggest me how to change the file permission.

Green Apple
    Thanks

just use SSH to change password, this happened to me and I set it to alpine and rebooted, then it worked like a charm.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How to reset the password through SSH. First I need to login. Can you please tell me in detail how to do that?

Thank you.

jb4
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rajesh_05_in View Post
    How to reset the password through SSH. First I need to login. Can you please tell me in detail how to do that?

Thank you.
    you need a program sch as winSCP of iPhonebrowser. once you have one of the two change the file protocol to SCP in Winscp from the dropdown menu on the session main menu and use user name: root and password: alpine, then hit login in. In iPhoneBrowser just plug in your phone start the program and you are good to go. I would recommend IphoneBrowser since it enables thumbnails of items in a simpler manner.
    If my 2 cents helped ya, Thank me by hitting the Thanks Button!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Remove Known Hosts
    Go into Terminal.
    cd to your home directory/.ssh
    rm known_hosts

Then try to connect again using alpine as your password - works like a charm.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had same problem with my iphone. I installed cydia package and it resolved the issue. Now, i am able to login as root with "alpine" password.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i think that a lot of people that had this problem used Ziphone to jailbreak.. thats what i did, and im having this problem... it sucks... ... now i have to do a full restore and will jailbreak using ipwned.... we will see what happens.. unfortunately i dont have time to do this today.. will have to wait till tomorrow..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eswanborg View Post
    Go into Terminal.
    cd to your home directory/.ssh
    rm known_hosts

Then try to connect again using alpine as your password - works like a charm.
    Sorry to be a pain, but I'm a bit of a novice!! Can you explain exactly how I do this? I have the password not recognised issue to for a phone that I bought unlocked. I've installed Cydia and tried other things reccommended here.

Quote Originally Posted by bellkumar View Post
    I had same problem with my iphone. I installed cydia package and it resolved the issue. Now, i am able to login as root with "alpine" password.
    I installed Cydia. What should I be doing to that you did that worked for you?!! Sorry, I'm a bit naive on this technical stuff!
    Last edited by Cookadoodledoo; 04-29-2008 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookadoodledoo View Post
    Sorry to be a pain, but I'm a bit of a novice!! Can you explain exactly how I do this? I have the password not recognised issue to for a phone that I bought unlocked. I've installed Cydia and tried other things reccommended here.

I installed Cydia. What should I be doing to that you did that worked for you?!! Sorry, I'm a bit naive on this technical stuff!
    If you are on a Mac, run cyberduck or fugu. Select SFTP as the protocol, 22 as the port, username = root, password = alpine. See if that works for you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    If you are on a Mac, run cyberduck or fugu. Select SFTP as the protocol, 22 as the port, username = root, password = alpine. See if that works for you.
    Thanks hiflyer. I'm on a PC with Windows Vista.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default on for this problem
    I had this problem myself and I looked at every webpage possible I was just convincing myself to restore(losing all my pkgs) when i decided to give it one more go. All i did was put in my regular itunes password and it worked! i use this pass for everything though so im not sure if its itunes. everybody just try your regular passwords not alpine or dottie

18. The Following User Says Thank You to salokineragon For This Useful Post:

ermione (05-29-2010)

Thanks
    1234? 0000? all the obvious ones.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MannerRev For This Useful Post:

ermione (05-29-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks sooooo much salokineragon. You are THE BEST!!!!!!!!
    I am just a beginner when it comes to the technical side of stuff and had searched for an easy way to login using winSCP when the password alpine or dottie wasn't working. Everything that I came across seemed hard or the steps were unclear. I did what you suggested and used my iTunes password, and it worked!
    Thanks again.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12