Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activation error 402653165

Default Activation error 402653165
    Activation error 402653165
    iActivator v1.11

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Intervention
    A&E HD
    12:45 AM.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Hello,

I am getting exactly the same error code after having used the latest version of Iactivator. The program successfully jailbrakes the phone. However, after having entered the imea etc. details, the process fails.

All other hacks seem not to work either. Any advice would be mostly appreciated.

thx

finally resolved. I had to do a 'return to jail' before activating :-)
    Last edited by toddan; 08-03-2007 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to toddan For This Useful Post:

bigyahu (08-05-2007)

I get the same -402653165 error message too, after successfully doing a jailbreak. have tried using both versions of the firmware download, and have tried re-checking my IMEI and ICCID several times. Would be great to find an answer to this (hopefully) last remaining problem.

I figured out what was wrong: (1) use Activity Monitor (in your Applications dir) to quit iTunes Helper as well as iTunes before you launch iActivator; and (2) believe it or not, launch iTunes again before you perform step 7 ("activate iPhone"). It seems like iTunes needed to be running for the activation to take place.
    Last edited by bigyahu; 08-05-2007 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have the same error, with iActivator
    My iPhone was updated to 1.0.1 firmware.

what's the version of your iphone's firmware ?
    do you think it may support 1.0.1 ?

Default re
    I'v had the exact same issue. It was sort of terrifying seeing that I just paid 700 for a phone that wouldn't activate. After hours of frustration I figured it out. Once you generate a .plist and save it. Make SURE you save it in the same directory as the app and that the filename is "a.plist" minus the quotes of course. You should be ready to go.

Cheers,

Ved

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ved For This Useful Post:

bongo (08-28-2007)

Exclamation Activation failed with code -402653165
    Guys I have the same error message. I'm using a PPC with OSX 10.4.10. I tried your suggestions: starting iTunes just before the final activation step. Still the same error. And I also saved and used the filename a.plist next to the application. Still the same error. It seems the new iphone firmware and iTunes update did affect the iActivator application, since I'm running all the latest versions here.

Any more suggestions?
    Thanx in advance!

Could anyone direct me step by step to activate my iPhone using windows XP if it had ever worked. Many thanks.

I found a way to fixed the problem.

Here is way:
    When you see the error code, quit the iActivator.
    Open Terminal and type
    cd Desktop
    cd iPhonetool
    ./tool --activate a.plist

Yes, still fail, but don't worry
    Open the iActivator and press “Activate iPhone” again
    Now you iPhone should be activated

Hope it can help!!

Tested on:
    iPhone firmware 1.01
    iActivator 1.14
    Mac Pro, OSX 10.4.10
    iPhoneTool: http://www.hacktheiphone.com/downloads/iPhoneTool.zip
    Last edited by voyage; 08-12-2007 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by voyage View Post
    I found a way to fixed the problem.

Here is way:
    When you see the error code, quit the iActivator.
    Open Terminal and type
    cd Desktop
    cd iPhonetool
    ./tool --activate a.plist

Yes, still fail, but don't worry
    Open the iActivator and press “Activate iPhone” again
    Now you iPhone should be activated

Hope it can help!!

Tested on:
    iPhone firmware 1.01
    iActivator 1.14
    Mac Pro, OSX 10.4.10
    iPhoneTool: http://www.hacktheiphone.com/downloads/iPhoneTool.zip
    This hack worked for me, thanks. More precisely, I finished everything, and after Step 7, when I get the error code, I use the tool program. It is this program that eventually unlocks my phone. BTW, I did not need to run "Activate iPhone" a second time.

For those of you who may still be getting error messages: try to kill all instances of iTunes. In my case I had a widget running in the background which was interfering, I suppose.

Tks Ved, i was trying this out the whole night. Finally, saw your comment and it worked. Activated on firmware 1.02! (1.02 prior to activation)

Quote Originally Posted by ved View Post
    I'v had the exact same issue. It was sort of terrifying seeing that I just paid 700 for a phone that wouldn't activate. After hours of frustration I figured it out. Once you generate a .plist and save it. Make SURE you save it in the same directory as the app and that the filename is "a.plist" minus the quotes of course. You should be ready to go.

Cheers,

Ved

Ok, I completet the activation thanks to the iphonetool tip and I was able to put in a AT&T prepaid 30 dollar card. Everything worked fine. I used the phone for a day, made calls, sent text messages.. everything worked perfect. Until the battery went out a day later. I put the phone to the computer, itunes opened up.. phone started charging but the registration page came up in iTunes. Now my AT&T prepaid cant be found by the phone!?!?

I restored the phone and did the hack and everything from scratch.. but it still don't want to use my prepaid sim card? What do I do? What did I do wrong? Please help me out!

My phone is activaded and put to jail state but it still only shows up in iTunes with the activating process page? Why? Im I doing something wrong? Im supposed to return to jail after the activation right?
    Last edited by Mattias; 09-02-2007 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default update 1.0.2 will erase the iactivator activation
    Yesterday i got my hands on my new iphone performed the hack to activate the phone using iactivator and the iphonetool in terminal. Everything worked great iphone was activated and all functions where there. I did the dumb *** thing and updated my phone to 1.0.2 thinking it would be fine. well thats not the case, iphone had to be restored and now it has the updated firmware.

went to try and activate the phone again using the method i used before and now i get the iactivator error code! does anyone have any ideas i would greatly appreciate them