Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot putfile. Why??

Default Cannot putfile. Why??
    Now that iActivate runs on PPC mac's, I'm working on my G4 to unlock and add ringtones to my iPhone. I sucessfully ran iActivate and jailbreak was fantastic. My phone is now writeable. I have iPhoneinterface running in my terminal and I was able to create the ringtones folder.

Now I have that test CTU.mp3 file and when i type in putfile CTU.mp3 I get the following error: Problem with AFCFileRefOpen: 7.

Now I am running all files from phonedmg folder in my home directory and I have the CTU.mp3 file in that folder as well. I searched all around for this error but I have no clue what is happening. Can anyone here shed some light on this?

Thanks!!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Paste your Terminal session in here...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

As requested, here is my Terminal session:

Jonas:~ Aaron$ /Users/Aaron/phonedmg/iPhoneInterface; exit
    iPhoneInterface v0.3.3 built on Jul 11 2007

Waiting for phone... established.
    iPhone state: Activated
    type "help" for help
    iPhone:/# cd var/root/Library/Ringtones
    iPhone:/var/root/Library/Ringtones/# putfile CTU.mp3
    Problem with AFCFileRefOpen: 7
    iPhone:/var/root/Library/Ringtones/#

I have had that error before, had to re-jailbreak it.

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    I have had that error before, had to re-jailbreak it.
    Did that, didn't work. Same error.

Thanks

hmm, try downloading iphone interface and the dlls. Something might have gotten corrupt. I was getting that error at one time and just re-downloaded the files. Good luck. Sorry if I wasn't any help.

Quote Originally Posted by dmbaird View Post
    hmm, try downloading iphone interface and the dlls. Something might have gotten corrupt. I was getting that error at one time and just re-downloaded the files. Good luck. Sorry if I wasn't any help.
    Ya, I tried that too. Talk about frustrating!

Thanks

wow. um have you restored, and then jailbreaked it again?

I've restored my iPhone but now.... I can't jailbreak it!! Ugh. iActivate runs and says my jailbreak ran sucessfully but the status of the phone doesn't show as jailbroken. I only get an option to jailbreak it again. I have no clue what is going on here. For simple ringtones, this process is getting frustrating.

ok redownload jailbreak and iphoneinterface and anything else ur using. Run Jailbreak and try again. If that works then use iphoneinterface but try typing out "putfile /var/root/Library/Ringtones/CTU.mp3". That might do it.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Old School Gaming Matrix
    Deviant Art
    "Don't think you can, know you can"

Quote Originally Posted by JakeyBoy View Post
    ok redownload jailbreak and iphoneinterface and anything else ur using. Run Jailbreak and try again. If that works then use iphoneinterface but try typing out "putfile /var/root/Library/Ringtones/CTU.mp3". That might do it.
    I did redownload all the apps but the odd part is that while jail break doesnt say the phone has been broke, I can still mkdir the Ringtones directory. Anyhow, I will try that way to upload the file and see if that works.

Thanks for the info.

***UPDATE: Nope. Doesn't work. Same error
    ***UPDATE 2: I got Jailbreak to work by removing it's .plist file from my Library. While I can break the phone again, I still get the same write error when trying to copy the file. FYI, I get the same error when trying to copy ANY file to the phone, not just the mp3.

...Anyone?

...Anyone?
    Last edited by Slider10; 07-29-2007 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost