+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ummoddable Iphone!!!

is a discussion within the

OS X Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
I swear my iphone must be the only one that will not take any mods... I just dont get it. I posted in a few other threads but got no
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ummoddable Iphone!!!
    I swear my iphone must be the only one that will not take any mods... I just dont get it. I posted in a few other threads but got no real advice. I believe Jailbreak may not be working. Ill post the image of the errors I get. Just incase some of you suggest some things to do, let me list the things I have done.

- Downloaded Jailbreak 3 times from different places, including here, and hacktheiphone.com
    - I am NOT trying to jailbreak in restore mode.. im sure of this
    - I did a full restore 4 times to try and get this to work
    - Never messed with ifuntastic once.. so its not that either.

I did get one mod to work.. but then had to restore and it erased it. I re-did the springboard and added the field test icon. I followed the instructions to the T (this is not rocket science).. and then locked down the phone again. I was thinking this is pretty cool, let me change my bottom menu icons. So I followed the instructions and then i got my 1st problem... directory issue.. I couldnt putfile my icons, then when I went to install the services.plist, it said no such thing... got the delta 6 error or whatever it is... did a full restore 4 times after that, and since then, the phone works fine, but is unmoddable. Here is a terminal screen shot showing exactly what happens when I try and mod the phone.

What could I possiably be doing wrong???

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

try it again... I had the same problem, but what happen is I wasn't in the right mode. when you press the home and sleep button until the warning sign pops up... sometimes from what I can see it puts the phone in its regular mode. so just try it again and it should work!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Yah, I'd jailbreak, then do an ls in iphoneinterface, and if its not showing all the directories, jailbreak again.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i only have 2 issues, it will not sync and I tried adding the Services.plist still no luck, but thats no biggie...

2nd problem, I am using the comic iphone graphics.. when I try and putfile them, it gives me an error but i only tried the ipod icon.. when I restarted my phone, it gave me an icon with an A and a paint brush, kinda like the stock tiger osx apps icon. So I downloaded your stock icons and the only icon you have for the ipod is the mini 29x29 version thats displayed in the settings menu, I uploaded it and its all small, but it worked, the putfile that is. So im wondering, the comic icons are 40k a piece at 59x60.. they are the only ones giving me the error, could the file size be too large?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

I don't think so, it could be you accidentally capitalized the icon.png the first time, or something. Paste the Terminal session in here and I'll take a look.

Thanks

You have the wrong version of jailbreak and iPhoneInterface. Go here http://www.hacktheiphone.com/iphone_downloads.html and download them again. For some reason the ones on the download won't work.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

the ones in the download should work fine. They've been updated in the past 48 hours or so.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

make sure you have the iphone restore file extracted to the same folder as jailbreak and iphoneinterface

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what are these modes your talking about