Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
OS X Specific Modding Discussionforums, a part of the
Computer Modding Softwaresection;
Note: you do need to have both a mac and PC (PC is only used to convert .png files to .img2 files, i currently dont know of one for a...
04-17-2008, 04:57 PM #1Custom Boot and Recover Logo WITHOUT Restore
Note: you do need to have both a mac and PC (PC is only used to convert .png files to .img2 files, i currently dont know of one for a mac)
- Download this Firmware Tool (more info here) that allows you to convert .png files to .img2 files (.img2 files are the files that the PwnageTool uses for boot and recovery)
- Convert your custom pics to the .img2 format with names 'logo.img2' and 'recovery.img2'
- 'Show Package Contents' of PwnageTool 1.1
- Navigate to '/Contents/Resources/iPwner/'
- Replace the 'logo.img2' and the 'recovery.img2' files with your custom ones
- Put your iPhone into recovery mode
- Open PwnageTool
- Select Firmware
- Select iPwner (re-pwn your iPhone if you already pwned it)
Now you have new custom boot and recovery logos WITHOUT restoring your iPhone.
Hope this helps!
(dont forget to say thanks )
Last edited by skeredmobile; 04-18-2008 at 11:33 AM.
04-17-2008, 05:38 PM #2
i dont think that will work but its worth a try. i think the restore would be easier since it takes a secSB's is life
air yeezy's coming soon
8 gig black 3G - 3.0
16 gig white 3G - 3.0
32 gig white 3GS - 3.0
04-17-2008, 10:31 PM #3
just get the new pwnage.. Duh.
If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro
04-18-2008, 06:25 AM #4
04-18-2008, 11:28 AM #5