Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! "The iPhone "iPHone" could not be restored. An unkown error occurred (1013)"

Default Help! "The iPhone "iPHone" could not be restored. An unkown error occurred (1013)"
    I've been trying to unlock my phone all day. It was unlocked until I updated it to 1.1.1 and now it won't restore to the 1.0.2 firmware. I've followed the instructions to the T. It extracts and gets to restoring iPhone firmware, and than I get this message "the iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored" What's going on? how can I fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by ruffio17 View Post
    I've been trying to unlock my phone all day. It was unlocked until I updated it to 1.1.1 and now it won't restore to the 1.0.2 firmware. I've followed the instructions to the T. It extracts and gets to restoring iPhone firmware, and than I get this message "the iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored" What's going on? how can I fix this?
    if your using independence, that's what it's supposed to say. now activate and jailbreak with independence and do the 1.1.1 pre-upgrade.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kurosagi For This Useful Post:

abrahamcarreno (10-26-2007)

thanks for the help! but why does the guide say it differently?

Quote Originally Posted by ruffio17 View Post
    thanks for the help! but why does the guide say it differently?
    This Directly From the Independence 1.2.5 Help Manual:

"You will get a message from iTunes at the end saying that An unknown error occurred (1013). This is normal (and is expected). The restore actually worked fine, but the error is shown because the modem firmware could not be downgraded (which is ok)."

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

For Windows, download Installer.app and run the 1.0.2 version:

http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/

can you help me how to download INDEPENDENCE, coz i always stuck with ERROR 1013

Quote Originally Posted by mr_suavee View Post
    can you help me how to download INDEPENDENCE, coz i always stuck with ERROR 1013
    are you using OS X or windows? what firmware is your phone? check here and follow the D... http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Get...g_OS_X_current