Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone can not to be restored

Default iPhone can not to be restored
    Hello my friends.

My case is this.

I used to have an unlocked and fully functional iPhone with firmware 1.1.3, but one of my friends upgrade it to firmware 1.1.4 accidentally... suddenly it stoped to work... it cant make calls anymore and wi fi is broken to.

I dont know how to unlock the iPhone cuz from the begining it was given to me previously unlocked. I have been investigating and i find that the unlock process is made with an app called ziphone, and the newest version of ziphone (version 3) can fix this problem, but first i have to downgrade the phone to firmware version 1.1.3.

I tried to restore it with itunes but the process never ends, so i unpluged my iphone and i found that it was in the recovery mode (you know the symbol with the cable and itunes logo) ... then i try to restore to the firmware 1.1.3 but it says that an Unknown error occured (1).

So, i am really stucked with this.

Can anyone help me?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Numberous people had an error (1) problem when they try to restore or upgrade and 'almost normal'. You just have to put the iPhone in restore in a specific way to get rid of this. I cant remember how in proper detail but I think you have to put the iPhone in full DFU mode.

hold down the on/off button at the top at the same time hold down the home button which is the round one on the front. Hold them both for about 10 seconds, the screen will go blank then you will see the apple logo. After 10 seconds let go of the on/off button but continue holding the home button until you get the restore mode withe the connect to itunes icon, let go of the home button, connect. Then restore.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to deniser For This Useful Post:

Supergolfo (04-24-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deniser View Post
    hold down the on/off button at the top at the same time hold down the home button which is the round one on the front. Hold them both for about 10 seconds, the screen will go blank then you will see the apple logo. After 10 seconds let go of the on/off button but continue holding the home button until you get the restore mode withe the connect to itunes icon, let go of the home button, connect. Then restore.
    Yeah I think thats the proceedure... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by deniser View Post
    Hmmm... this is a 16gb iphone, i have tried your instructions but i cant reach that restore mode.

It seems i am not the only one, i found this example in youtube.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhISG2EVO1A"]YouTube - the new iphone problem! no yellow triangle!!![/ame]

is there now a solution for this?

use Ziphone to unlock.
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

Update

I just reRestore my iPhone to version 1.1.4, but my try to downgrade the firmware still fails with the same error (1).

So... i procede to unlock it with the lastest version of iLiberty+ and... it was GOOD!!! it worked... but not for long... after about two hours my iPhone broke again... no telephone, no wifi and i think even no sound. =(

I am restoring the phone again with iTunes to version 1.1.4... and now... i dont know what to do... if to try with ziphone or this new version of PwnageTool that is anounced in a banner in this site, i never use any of this.

I think the best i can do is to downgrade to 1.1.3 cuz that version works fine with me until i upgrade but i just cant because that error (1), i am using iTunes 7.6.2... but maybe now is safe to unlock it to 1.1.4 with one of this new appz.

What do you think?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

use an earlier version of itunes

Update

Well i have tried with an older version of iTunes (7.4) and i still get that anoying error (1) message.

I have discover too that i cant restore my iphone only with previous version of firmware but also with the current when i try to get from a source like http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

The only way that i had succeded (for 2 times) restoring is downloading the lastest firmware directly from itunes.

Also.. firmware is downloaded to my mac from a source like http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ it automatically unzip the software and then unpakage... is a nightmare.

Now i am downloding the firmware again directly from itunes in order to try it again with another software.... maybe next time i try ziphone, what you think?

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

On a slightly different tack, don't let friends mess with your iPhone! That's a sure prescription for trouble...

Today Last Update

Now i cant restore iphone in anyway... when i try, it sends me a new box that says The iPhone "Supergolfo" could not be restored. An unkown error occurred (1604)

Now i can to say... that my bigest problem is that i just can not ro restore my iPhone from it factory settings with iTunes.

Im really tired for today...
    Last edited by Supergolfo; 04-14-2008 at 02:39 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

???

Well, yesterday i just restored again to 1.1.4... used iLiberty+ to unlock it.... 5 hours after... no phone, no wifi again.

Today i restored again 1.1.4 (always because that damn error (1) that dont let me downgrade to 1.1.3) ... used ziphone and now i just waiting to broke again the phone and the wifi.

Any idea of how to downgrade 1.1.3 with out using iTunes?

Quote Originally Posted by Supergolfo View Post
    Well, yesterday i just restored again to 1.1.4... used iLiberty+ to unlock it.... 5 hours after... no phone, no wifi again.

Today i restored again 1.1.4 (always because that damn error (1) that dont let me downgrade to 1.1.3) ... used ziphone and now i just waiting to broke again the phone and the wifi.

Any idea of how to downgrade 1.1.3 with out using iTunes?
    After you restore back to factory 1.1.4 and setup as a new phone, use the Pwntool 1.1 to pwn your phone. Follow the instructions carefully.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to hiflyer For This Useful Post:

Supergolfo (04-24-2008)

Wink hello
    no prob's wen you ave error message open ziphone 3 and do
    it all your phone is cracked but mabe not jailbreaked
    jailbreak it after
    oki

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Why are you TRYING to downgrade back to 1.1.3?! There is no point to that at all considering all the new jailbreak/unlock methods are for 1.1.4.

After you ziphone or iLiberty are you installing ANY other apps or just leaving it "stock" before you lose phone/wi-fi?

Quote Originally Posted by USERNET View Post
    no prob's wen you ave error message open ziphone 3 and do
    it all your phone is cracked but mabe not jailbreaked
    jailbreak it after
    oki
    In ziphone 3.0 I hit a button that says Unlock, jailbrake & activate.

In iLiberty+ 1.51 i check "Jailbrake + Installer", "Activate", "Unlock" and even that option that says "Unlock with 3.9FB"

Is that not enogh?

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Why are you TRYING to downgrade back to 1.1.3?! There is no point to that at all considering all the new jailbreak/unlock methods are for 1.1.4.

After you ziphone or iLiberty are you installing ANY other apps or just leaving it "stock" before you lose phone/wi-fi?
    I am trying to downgrade to 1.1.3 because when it was in that firmware version was working fine.

I dont install anything after, i just leave it as it is and use it... for about 4 or 5 hours, after that time the iphone loose wifi and phone.
    Last edited by Supergolfo; 04-18-2008 at 12:05 AM.

Problem solved with pwntool! thankyou very much! = )

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    On a slightly different tack, don't let friends mess with your iPhone! That's a sure prescription for trouble...
    Please Help me,
    I uninstalled bigbossprefs in my 1.1.4 iphone and now i can't find the most important icons: like installer, settings ... What can I do???