+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g broken from 3.0? (free xbl gold code if your suggestion works!)

is a discussion within the

OS Apps and Development

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
hey everyone out there im new to mmi forums and really need your help, sorry if i posted this in the wrong spot or something, but yeah. I put the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3g broken from 3.0? (free xbl gold code if your suggestion works!)
    hey everyone out there im new to mmi forums and really need your help, sorry if i posted this in the wrong spot or something, but yeah. I put the new 3.0 beta on my iphone 3g and im not part of the developer program so everytime i plug my iphone into itunes it says your not autherised to have this or w/e on this account and it suplies me with a link to the apple sdk site. but my problem is, i have a $300 paper weight on my desk thats stuck on the boot logo. all my iphone can do is make emergency calls, i have tried everything from putting it in to dfu mode and restoring to hard reseting and even tried on a different computer but everytime i restore i get the (1604 error) or (1603 error) can someone tell me how to get past the hole you are not autherised to use this firmware on your iphone or w/e or atleast tell me how i can get it to restore back to 2.2.1 atleast. i really just want my iphone to work because i dont think the apple store will take it back when they relise i have 3.0 on it and i shouldn't. im open to suggestions please! ( if your suggestion works ill give you a free xbox live gold mem code) first peron who gets this right gets the code
    Last edited by tgabriel123; 03-23-2009 at 06:20 PM.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,460 Times in 1,264 Posts

Place it in DFU mode, restore in Itunes to 2.2.1 (i know you've done this....but theres more)

You WILL get an error.....now crank up "quickpwn" and it will tell you that the phone is in recovery mode and you need to hard reset it.......hold down the home and power buttons for 15 seconds, let go of home and hold the power button 2 more seconds.

The phone should boot to the lockscreen.

Green Apple
    Thanks

either reinstall 2.1 using pwnage or have some one who is a developer ad your UIDD to their account.