+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhoneBrowser Version 1.2

is a discussion within the

OS Apps and Development

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
I finished some more updates to iPhoneBrowser. I think this the final version unless anyone wants to see other features. I feel it's the best drag and drop file manager
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhoneBrowser Version 1.2
    I finished some more updates to iPhoneBrowser. I think this the final version unless anyone wants to see other features. I feel it's the best drag and drop file manager for the iPhone. I wish I could build in some permission changing on the phone, but I don't see that anytime soon.

New in this version:
    • Added "Go to Location" Feature that automatically opens common locations (see screenshot)
    • Auto preview of audio files (ringtones and UI sounds)
    • Capability to create new blank folders and delete empty folders (no drag and drop of folders yet)
    • UI Improvements

Along with the old features:
    • Automatic Preview of text and non-Apple formatted picture files
    • Save As for any file
    • Backup File(s)
    • Replace File(s)
    • Delete File(s)
    • View Backups

Full wiki here:
    http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/wiki/Usage

Downloads here:
    http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/downloads/list

Report issues here:
    http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/issues/list

Make sure you have at least V7.3.1 of iTunes installed. If you still get errors, make sure you have the Manzana.dll and iTunesMobileDevice.dll in the same directory as iPhoneBrowser.exe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhoneBrowser Version 1.2-screenshot3_small.png  
    Last edited by cranium; 08-19-2007 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Fixed list...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cranium For This Useful Post:

glyn2004 (10-16-2010), senas8 (08-18-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone senas8's Avatar
    Thanks

Man... what an excellent job!
    Whats stoping development for uploading mp3's to your music library using this aplication... without having to use iTunes? Im sorry if this question has been asked and answered to.
    Last edited by senas8; 08-18-2007 at 11:34 PM.
    There is no reason to do something anonymously if it is believed to be legal and it will benefit our rights.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by senas8 View Post
    Whats stopping development for uploading mp3's to your music library using this application... without having to use iTunes?
    I haven't tried it...I guess you should be able to do it, but I am not sure how the iPhone gets its database of songs. I'll give it a look.

Edit: I looked. The iPhone has its own database of files and directories in its own words. Take a look in /var/root/media/Itunes_control/Music...there are a bunch of letter and number directories (i.e. F01 - F13) with files in each with just letters (i.e. FAKD.mp3 and DSCI.mp3 and BWZA.mp4). I don't think it would recognize if you just dropped an Mp3 in there...
    Last edited by cranium; 08-19-2007 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Did some research and answered

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Awesome... great work!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone senas8's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cranium View Post
    I haven't tried it...I guess you should be able to do it, but I am not sure how the iPhone gets its database of songs. I'll give it a look.

Edit: I looked. The iPhone has its own database of files and directories in its own words. Take a look in /var/root/media/Itunes_control/Music...there are a bunch of letter and number directories (i.e. F01 - F13) with files in each with just letters (i.e. FAKD.mp3 and DSCI.mp3 and BWZA.mp4). I don't think it would recognize if you just dropped an Mp3 in there...
    Yeah ....thats what I was looking at and and seeing how all the mp3's are named, is a file encryption method being used so that we can't see/add our own mp3's ...and is there a way around it?
    Thanks.
    There is no reason to do something anonymously if it is believed to be legal and it will benefit our rights.

Thanks

considering that's how they are arranged in an iPod, I would think it might not be impossible to extract the mp3 names as with Yam-iPod.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can't get this working on vista. I try to run it and it says AMDeviceNotificationSubscribe failed with error -402653180
    The program will now exit

Green Apple
    Thanks

anyway we could get this on a mac, cause iFunstastic sucks, and SSH is annoying

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kelmk View Post
    I can't get this working on vista. I try to run it and it says AMDeviceNotificationSubscribe failed with error -402653180
    The program will now exit
    When I ran into this error before, I found iTunes not installed properly (the iTunesHelper app wasn't running on startup like it should. I reinstalled iTunes and it worked fine.

Source is now posted:

http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/downloads/list

I am off to do other projects...my bluetooth GPS is screaming for an app on the iPhone!
    Last edited by cranium; 09-10-2007 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost