+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPranks Backup Utility ~ Public Release

is a discussion within the

OS Apps and Development

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
I addressed this in my troubleshooter but here goes again. go into the program files and run the executable from there. you might want to create a shortcut from there
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I addressed this in my troubleshooter but here goes again. go into the program files and run the executable from there. you might want to create a shortcut from there to your desktop. I'm not sure about why this happens but it should be fixed in the installer of a new version coming fairly soon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris stroud View Post
    I addressed this in my troubleshooter but here goes again. go into the program files and run the executable from there. you might want to create a shortcut from there to your desktop. I'm not sure about why this happens but it should be fixed in the installer of a new version coming fairly soon.
    Oops - hadn't noticed that before, thought it was all Visturd related. Seems like that is likely just a path issue.

Running it from that location got me further, but it still just hung when it got to the prompt for caching the key etc. - hitting 'y' got nor response and the app hangs / fails to close gracefully. Using the Test Settings feature first and accepting the key prompt in there did get me past that and then it did work.

Once it works, it is quite nice - like the status and completion messages on the iPhone. Would be great if some of its clumsiness on the Windows PC could be overcome.

Looking pretty good now though. Going to test more / different items to backup ...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks, most of the issues are packaging related and the whole key in cache press y thing... that is what the test window is meant for but I guess I should make that slightly more relevant. I'm glad you like it. Look for more updates fairly soon once I make some headway on my new project.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow this app is great! Needs a better gui, but other than that it has finally got me off of iPhone PC suite. I was getting tired of installing the daemon every restore

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mfleigle View Post
    Wow this app is great! Needs a better gui, but other than that it has finally got me off of iPhone PC suite. I was getting tired of installing the daemon every restore
    Glad to hear it. What GUI improvements are you suggesting. I'm not changing much lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris stroud View Post
    Glad to hear it. What GUI improvements are you suggesting. I'm not changing much lol.
    Well I have no clue, but it is a little plain with just grey/black combo. You could take some cues from the pc suite. Like I said the app works excellent, but it needs a better interface. (Dont get me wrong, If I tried making an app it would look a lot worse though so I am none to criticize I just was used to the pc suites ui for a while)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

meh, I'm not really wanting to change much at this stage. I was aiming for functionality more than just GUiality

was that good? I copyright GUiality lol

Thanks

Well thats glad to hear, since so many programs out there do the opposite. They look pretty with little function. Is there anyway to save the login info? That would be helpful, and maybe a file browser

Oh and this maybe a stupid question, but what exactly does Most Missed Applications' mean? And what is the purpose of the little black box? Sorry if these are obvious
    Last edited by mfleigle; 06-30-2008 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That little black box is the weirdest thing that I am going to try to fix eventually. Most missed Applications would be Apps that store their content in /mobile/Library but I can't have an option for all these apps, there are just too many. So if there are any Apps that aren't on the list, you check that and they all get their settings or files backed up. Saving login data is pretty simple because I won't do it in a complex way lol but I can definitely do it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now updated to version 1.6 Still at the link on first post.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12