+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iThemeCreator - new program idea, need suggestions

is a discussion within the

OS Apps and Development

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
so, i've noticed that there aren't many ways to create your own themes, short of renaming all your icons by hand. also, there are different formats for each type of
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iThemeCreator - new program idea, need suggestions
    so, i've noticed that there aren't many ways to create your own themes, short of renaming all your icons by hand. also, there are different formats for each type of theme(iswitcher, summerboard, even .ipb which i know seems outdated but i still find very useful, since it can change all your graphics and files in one fell swoop).

i've begun coding a program that will allow you to choose what type of theme you want to make, and then create a theme folder based on what you pick. this will allow you to just choose the icons, background, and dock that you want and rename them properly according to which theme type you picked(iswitcher or summerboard for now). i think this will be quite helpful to those who don't quite grasp how to create these themes. i don't believe there is a tutorial on summerboard themes yet and there is only a mac iswitcher theme guide last time i checked.

i can also add in an ssh portion that will let you enter your phones ip address and password, and then send your new theme to the appropriate place, so you won't have to do much after picking your icons before you can start using your theme.

what i need are some design ideas lol. i can do all the coding just fine, but when it comes to designing the user interface i'm not very good at making it look pretty. if you have any suggestions, let me know. hopefully i can get most of the coding done this weekend, i've already got a decent headstart.

let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions on what it should look like, or even other functions that could be added in.
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

Thanks

Youve probably already thought of it, but options for carrier logos, recharging battery, pretty much everything that customize can do plus icons

I ended up downloading all my summerboard themes from my phone so i could pick and choose icons, then make a theme out of that. If your program automates that it would be pretty cool. But, I guess the next step for Customize would be icons, so they could beat you to it

Thanks

This would be a natural development process for Customize to move towards and I can say no more.

I can also say this.... future iSwitcher development

White 3G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nice idea

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    This would be a natural development process for Customize to move towards and I can say no more.

I can also say this.... future iSwitcher development

that looks really good! but, will it let you actually create new themes on the phone itself? that's all this program would be for, it will run on windows xp(should have pointed that out, sorry). all it will do is let the user select the icons and background and dock they want and create either an iswitcher or summerboard theme package which can then be uploaded to the phone

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

Thanks

...gotcha...
    White 3G

iPhone? More like MyPhone agentfubu's Avatar
    Thanks

What will you be writing this in?
    Thanks,
    Matt

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

please!!! do that!! i know nothing about making apps... but ive been looking all over the web for a way to just change the springboard background! i want to have a picture on wallpaper (home screen), and another picture in the background of the springboard (where the icons are). I thought the best way was to make a new theme, creating a folder copy of the default theme and changing the background iimage .png, but i didnt find a way to create themes either! i found one... but it was for mac users, am a pc user. this app should be compatible with both.

please let us know when u finish this! i would be greatfull
    Last edited by cableguy84; 12-02-2007 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agentfubu View Post
    What will you be writing this in?
    it will most likely be a compiled python executable. either that or visual basic.

Quote Originally Posted by cableguy84 View Post
    please!!! do that!! i know nothing about making apps... but ive been looking all over the web for a way to just change the springboard background! i want to have a picture on wallpaper (home screen), and another picture in the background of the springboard (where the icons are). I thought the best way was to make a new theme, creating a folder copy of the default theme and changing the background iimage .png, but i didnt find a way to create themes either! i found one... but it was for mac users, am a pc user. this app should be compatible with both.

please let us know when u finish this! i would be greatfull
    i won't know if this will run on a mac until somebody tries it...python is mostly portable which is why i'm probably going to go with it, i can probably work out the minor bugs between the two OSs without much hassle.

i was actually thinking it might be cool to set it up so that it's actually a webpage, similar to the theme creator here on mmi for the .ipb packages, and then once you finish it you can download it via installer and a private source host for each person or you can make it public for others to use too. i just got my webserver last night and i'm setting it up tonight. that way you wouldn't have to download new versions when new apps come out.

Guides:

Thanks

Very cool!!! I look forward to trying this!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey rianbattle... im a pc user, so... thats good for me!

You have an idea of when u'll have it ready?

iPhone? More like MyPhone agentfubu's Avatar
    Thanks

If you do a web app, I'd be glad to write a windows only app in c#. I'm very good with c# and this would be easy. If you don't do the app for windows I gladly will.
    Thanks,
    Matt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cableguy84 View Post
    hey rianbattle... im a pc user, so... thats good for me!

You have an idea of when u'll have it ready?
    should be ready by the new year, i'm hoping. work's been picking up lately and i'm actually having to do some work at home just to stay caught up lol.

Quote Originally Posted by agentfubu View Post
    If you do a web app, I'd be glad to write a windows only app in c#. I'm very good with c# and this would be easy. If you don't do the app for windows I gladly will.
    i'm going to write it in windows already ^_^ i don't own a mac...both too expensive and the way the apple is reacting to the whole iphone thing is kinda pushing me away from apple(though i will admit i do still love my iphone ^_^)

Guides:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=rianbattle;122036]should be ready by the new year, i'm hoping. work's been picking up lately and i'm actually having to do some work at home just to stay caught up lol.
    QUOTE]

Ok... looking forward for it!

Remember to give us the chance to put a picture on the springboard background... while leaving another picture on the wallpaper (unlock screen).

Thanks

[quote=cableguy84;126942]
    Quote Originally Posted by rianbattle View Post
    should be ready by the new year, i'm hoping. work's been picking up lately and i'm actually having to do some work at home just to stay caught up lol.
    QUOTE]

Ok... looking forward for it!

Remember to give us the chance to put a picture on the springboard background... while leaving another picture on the wallpaper (unlock screen).
    that's actually already built in with the themes themselves. the wallpaper for the lock screen is set by going to your photos and choosing one. the wallpaper on the homescreen uses the wallpaper included in whatever theme you create, either summerboard or iswitcher.

Guides:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any news?

Thanks

i was actually thinking it might be cool to set it up so that it's actually a webpage, similar to the theme creator here on mmi for the .ipb packages, and then once you finish it you can download it via installer and a private source host for each person or you can make it public for others to use too

Wooaah! If you would do this, I would love you foreva! hehehe Muuaahh!!
    This is the best thing I have heard in a while for us iphone challenged folks! hehehe I work alot, and shift work to top it off, so I only get to come in at little times here and there, and don't really get to focus or experiment on things I see here to do. I love this site, and try and get on as often as I can, but, if you would do this for us busy, people, that would be soooo cool!! It would be so convenient for us, to just click on installer or any other easier way than we got now. Yaaaay!! I would be oh, so grateful! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Now
    GET TO WORK!!! hehehehehe Oh! did i say thanks already??
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!