+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RingRing 0.8.0 - Ultimate Ringtone Manager released

is a discussion within the

OS Apps and Development

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
thanks i will try to rename it......
    Thanks

thanks i will try to rename it......

Green Apple
    Thanks

Good news people. I have an extremely promising idea how to get all the ringtones to play. I still need to do a lot of research on this one and rewrite some of the functions. Expect version 0.9.0 next weekend.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plmars View Post
    Good news people. I have an extremely promising idea how to get all the ringtones to play. I still need to do a lot of research on this one and rewrite some of the functions. Expect version 0.9.0 next weekend.
    ::waits patiently::

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey guys, i downloaded this ringring and when i add the itunes dll and open the program, it only allows me to click on RELOAD IPHONE button, and the rest of the program is not accessilbe and i cant click on anything and if i drag an ACC file into the white area, nothing happens

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS???? ANYONE ELSE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM? IM USING WINDOWS, SO DOES IT MATTER??

Green Apple
    Thanks

the rest of the program will be accessible once there are ringtones loaded onto the phone. The ringtones have to have m4a extension.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So how do i go about doing that? I went through the trouble in making acc cuz i thought it said you could use that format.

Either way, it would be greatly appreicated if you could explain how i go about loading the m4a onto the phone

THANKS AGAIN

I know how to convert to m4a files but dont know where to place them in my phone so ringring will be able to access them, can you help in where to place the m4a files
    Last edited by EZ2ENVY; 11-01-2007 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Fre....28optional.29

Read the Converting Ringtone to AAC section.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i thought ring ring was the easy way to do this and be able to upload ringtones without having to spend an hour doing that. I have ACC files already and just want them on my phone and be able to use them

If you still have to go through all that just to have ringtones, then this program doesnt help that much.

Cant there be a program like how ibrickr use to work, where you place the ACC or M4a files on to the program and it does the work for you???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EZ2ENVY View Post
    i thought ring ring was the easy way to do this and be able to upload ringtones without having to spend an hour doing that. I have ACC files already and just want them on my phone and be able to use them

If you still have to go through all that just to have ringtones, then this program doesnt help that much.

Cant there be a program like how ibrickr use to work, where you place the ACC or M4a files on to the program and it does the work for you???
    Quick guide:

1) convert any song to *.m4a using iTunes
    2) plug in phone
    3) open Ringring
    4) drag song from folder into white area of Ringring
    5) wait a few seconds for song to get uploaded
    6) restart phone
    7) repeat

Green Apple
    Thanks

doesnt work for me, the only part of the program that works is the reboot iphone button, everything else doesnt work and if i drag something to the white area, nothing happens, that s why im on here

ok so i was able to eventually figure it out and i got the ringtone on the white area after conveting it using itunes, but when i click on it in ringtones on the phone, it does not play, so what am i doing wrong now???

SUCCESS!!!

I FOUND THAT IF YOU ADD THE FILE TO THE WHITE AREA, THEN SAVE CHANGES, THEN DELETE THE FILE AND RELOAD THE FILE BACK, THAT IT WORKS!!!

sorry for the caps just very excited i have ringtones now
    Last edited by EZ2ENVY; 11-01-2007 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i find that after i sync my iphone the ringtones gone..=(

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blade056 View Post
    i find that after i sync my iphone the ringtones gone..=(
    i think thats supposed to happen isn't it?

i got them to work, maybe i forgot to reboot my phone, cuz it still plays the old ringtone it came with...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ring ring 0.8.0
    hey is there a program like it but for mac thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Im gonna spill some beans for you all. Next weekend v 0.9.0 will be out. You will be able to drag MP3s and AACs into the program (a lot more flexible as far as the extension goes). And All the ringtones you upload will play. I still have to figure out this restarting part.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to plmars For This Useful Post:

pcguysam (11-02-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any idea yet on why some play and some dont? or has that not been solved yet? i like this program very easy to use....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vroomrolllex View Post
    i think thats supposed to happen isn't it?

i got them to work, maybe i forgot to reboot my phone, cuz it still plays the old ringtone it came with...
    If you read the 'readme' file, it says you need to uncheck 'sync ringtones' in itunes, or the ones you add from Ringring will go away after you sync.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey plmars, I know that you were working hard using the wiki that we all beat our heads against the wall over, but (and this is just a suggestion) I have been using the patched MECCA file method and it works flawlessly without failure. There is no guesswork about file names and no trial and error. If you could wrap a program around that process, that might be the ticket. The only downside is that you can only use .m4a files and you have to rename them to .m4r. Other than that, it is a total breeze. Just an idea. Either way, thanks for all the hard work!

Green Apple
    Thanks

The wiki you are refering to, I wrote. LOL. The MECCA is a great method but its only available to users with unlocked phones. I want to deliver a program that will work for everyone. Thanks for the suggestion.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to plmars For This Useful Post:

vroomrolllex (11-02-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davidagustin View Post
    hey is there a program like it but for mac thanks
    iTones

Green Apple
    Thanks

Window 4 life YAY