+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphoneringtonemaker for windows for ver 1.1.1

is a discussion within the

OS Apps and Development

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
Iphoneringtonemaker for widows has just come out with an alpha version that is supported by Iphone version 1.1.1. It's a simple point and click way to get ringtones back on
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Iphoneringtonemaker for windows for ver 1.1.1
    Iphoneringtonemaker for widows has just come out with an alpha version that is supported by Iphone version 1.1.1. It's a simple point and click way to get ringtones back on your phone. Just released to the public this evening, they say it has a few quirks. I tried it myself and it works great other than a couple songs that I had to upload a couple times before I could get them to play. But after about 10 minutes I have all 20 ringtones back on my phone. Also states the phone does not have to be jailbroken to use this program. Check it out here

http://www.tunjiafonja.com/iphoneringtonemaker/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iphoneaddict For This Useful Post:

norcalmike (10-21-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    my question is, if you have downloaded legitimate ringtones, will this erase them, or just add to them?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Have you used iPhonebrowser?

I ask because I'm wondering if everytime you reload a non-working tone the old version remains on your phone.

It would probably be worth a quick look and compare the # of files in that directory to the 20 or so you will have listed in you .plist file.

If you have extras, it should be a simple matter of delteting all the .m4a and m4r files that do not have a root name listed in your ringtones.plist file.

joe...

Good question...given that its an alpha...who knows...but any such program should

1) download a copy of the existing ringtone.plist

2a) append the new ringtones to the .plist

2b) remove unwanted ringtones from the .plist

3a) add edited plist back to phone and new media files

3b) add edited plist back to phone and deleted unwanted media files.
    Last edited by rwross; 10-19-2007 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Checked out the rington.plist and there were no duplicate entries for the songs I had to upload multiple times nor were there multiple entires in the ringtones. I did however find several multiple ringtones created by another program I found here in the forums which I had tried earlier this week. They were easy to distinguish as they all had 7 letter key entries where as iphoneringtonemaker created entries of only 4 letters/numbers. Cleared all the old entries out and tested my sounds. All still are working.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

well i tryed it and it worked didnt the first time but i tryed again and it work but.. when i put in the new ringtone it took out my ringtone i bout from itunes and i like those ringtones i bout.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just locate your purchased ringtone, open it up in iphoneringtonemaker and click on create ringtone, then upload to your phone. Now your purchased ringtone is on your phone along with the ringtones you created.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't have any purchased ringtones so that isn't an issue for me. This program is kicking ***! A+

Thanks

that wont work the program looks for everything other then .m4r files couse i tryed that before i post.. the program wont see .m4r files..

Thanks

i noticed you can only have 25 custom ringtones before some of them fail when you put more on. Has anyone had more than 25 on successfully?

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey this program worked for me pretty easily but I thought it was free? it's asking me to enter a serial number everytime I try to use it now and then closes the program. oh well it's working for me but doesn't want to be able to get both of them working at the same time. I just have one currently working out of the 2 I tried.

Thanks

worked for me. had to send a few to the phone a few times like it said

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Took me a while, but I got this working.. Yay, finally ringtones on 1.1.1! One problem I had was that I think iTunes needs to be open.. I kept getting error code: -1. Opening iTunes fixed it. Some of the ringtones did that thing where the show on the list but play silently.. simply re-uploading solved this problem. Oh, and after 3 ringtones, it warned me that I had used my 3 free trial ringtones (at this point, none of them were even working on my phone). I just hit 'Cancel' and it closed, then I just re-opened it and kept on going... seems to be working fine without a serial.

Update: Spoke to soon.. looks like this isn't working without a serial anymore =/ ..I think it was fine when I hit the 'Cancel' button every time the serial request popped up, but now that I hit 'Ok', it pops that screen up right when I load the program.. I'm gunna see if I can't trick the program into thinking I haven't used my 3 free ones yet..

Update 2: Cha-ching... Using a file access sniffer (after failing to find anything interesting with a registry access sniffer) I found exactly where the executable was checking to see if I had used my 3 trials. Then, after backing everything up, I actually just deleted the specific files I thought to be problematic. I won't tell you exactly which files, and honestly, the filenames might not be specific anyway, but look out for 2 .dat's ..I think you only really need to delete one, but it looks like they work together somehow.
    Last edited by unclear; 10-21-2007 at 07:25 AM. Reason: update

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LaZARuZ View Post
    that wont work the program looks for everything other then .m4r files couse i tryed that before i post.. the program wont see .m4r files..
    Just go into Itunes..edit...preferences. Go to the advanced tab. Click on importing. On the import using drop down box, select MP3 encoder and click OK..Back in your itunes library, find your purchased ringtone, right click on it and choose convert to MP3. This creates an MP3 version of your ringtone which can be used by iphoneringtonecreator. As for the $14.95 charge, it was well worth it to me to get ringtones back on my phone. Beats paying Apple 99 cents to buy a song, then another 99 cents to make a ringtone out of it. And should you decide you want a different 30 second section of the song, cough up another 99 cents. Now THAT'S a rip off. Not to mention their selections stink.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think the -1 error has to do with the phone being locked (not locked as in AT&T, locked as in "slide to unlock") Opening iTunes did not resolve it for me, but a swipe of the finger did.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Leeblan33 View Post
    I think the -1 error has to do with the phone being locked (not locked as in AT&T, locked as in "slide to unlock") Opening iTunes did not resolve it for me, but a swipe of the finger did.
    I was also experiencing the Error -1 even when the phone was unlocked (not locked as in AT&T, locked as in "slide to unlock"), but anyways, what I ended up doing was after I opened the file, I DID NOT preview it, nor did I preview it after I clicked Create Ringtone...I just directly sent it to the iPhone. When I did that, it worked everytime I tried to send. I'm not an expert or anything, my thought on that is that when you preview it, it locks the file showing in use, and when it tries to move it, it's locked. Let me know what you guys think.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cobrita For This Useful Post:

Leeblan33 (10-27-2007), Napoleon_PhoneApart (10-27-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay, I am the ULTIMATE try before you buy person. I will usually fetch a serial off the net and give a program a REAL try before spending my dollars on it. 99.9% of the time, said program is uninstalled within hours because it's a piece of ****. This one is worth the money! I had a slight issue in that my confirmation email didn't contain my serial, not did my receipt page. I sent an email to Efiko with my receipt #, and they got back to me within a day with my serial. A few things I have 10 ringtones up and running. A few tips:

1) Audacity (or something similar)... I had a few problems with ringtones not playing after using iPhoneRingToneMaker (iPRTM) to edit them. I have had ZERO problems when using Audacity to cut, fade, etc, then creating the ringtone with iPRTM.

2) Save your edited MP3s somewhere OTHER than your iTunes\Ringtones directory. I had a couple that would not play when I was saving them there.

3) The "-1" error is NOT associated with iTunes. I've never had iTunes open while using iPRTM. I think it has something to do with the "state" of your phone. Once, I got it while my phone was locked. Another time, I was still in the ringtones list in my phone. It doesn't seem to like that

Bottom line: I use Audacity to trim the MP3, save it in My Documents\Ringtones, then go into iPRTM and create the tone. So far I have uploaded 10 in a row that all worked on the first shot. Great piece of software, well worth the $$. I'm not a hacker, but if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask and I will do what I can to help.

Yeah cobrita, you might be on to something there.... As I said in my post above, I use Audacity to make the ringtone sound how I want, then just hit the "create ringtone" button. But now that you mention it, I was showing someone how you could save a step and do this in iPhoneRingToneMaker last night, and I DID preview it, and it gave me the "-1" Nice find!
    Last edited by Leeblan33; 10-27-2007 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

I had no problem uploading 20+ ringtones on my phone first try..however, one thing I would suggest for the best sounding ringtones, if you have audio editing software, is to roll off alot of the bottom end frequencies and boost the mids and highs a bit..then your ringtones won't sound distorted, but be real crisp and clean at higher volumes...cheers!

Thanks

I just paid for the program I think it works great every tone I sent worked perfect

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

This thing isn't setting up?
    Hey what gives, i tried to open it and nothing happens