Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone 3.0 Released

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Default ZiPhone 3.0 Released
    www.ZiPhone.org

v3.0 was released today and heres what the Readme says:
    Added automatic installation of BSD subsystem, SSH and Installer (now working immediately after ziphone)
    Added PLUGIN system.
    Please read PLUGIN_HOWTO.txt to know how to manage plugins.
    Cleaned up code and ziphone main functions.
    Added (surprise)
    Oral sex is not yet implemented
    iLive an iLife

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bernie-Mac For This Useful Post:

CLP (04-04-2008), Teamster (04-03-2008)

i cant find the PLUGIN_HOWTO.txt.
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mbrooksr For This Useful Post:

CLP (04-04-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbrooksr View Post
    i cant find the PLUGIN_HOWTO.txt.
    I cant either, i read on his site he is going to fix that soon
    iLive an iLife

He claims this JB doesn't have the youtube issues on 1.1.4. Can anyone confirm/deny?

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

I just jailbroke my 16GB iphone on 1.1.4 , with the new Ziphone 3.0
    Everything works PERFECT..... youtube, mail, services..........
    THANKS Zibri.........

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

who cares DO NOT USE IT it F's with you phone zibri himself even admitted he had little codeing knowledge READ
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

I did everything the way I always do to jailbreak and ive never had a problem but ziphone wont install install using v3.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heath_rox View Post
    who cares DO NOT USE IT it F's with you phone zibri himself even admitted he had little codeing knowledge READ
    ehhh go away. Its good, i dont know what people are complaining about. Its a good program, but I now use iLibertyX. Ziphone is a backup plan

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

I used 2.6b and it worked perfectly. I don't understand why everybody's saying it screws things up. Not only did I jailbreak my phone with 2.6 but I managed to **** up the dialer when I installed an app (don't know which one exactly broke it since I installed quite a few at the same time) so I restored and then JAILBROKE IT AGAIN! yes, I used ziphone the second time, same version.

my youtube still won't connect

Thanks

Hm, can't wait to try this.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

me too

My YouTube works with the older version of ZiPhone 1.1.4. I just got the iTouch today and jailbroke it couple hours ago.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

tested by me also on my 8gb and 16gb v1.1.4 works perfectly, is it true that ziphone 3.0 can unlock new firmware 2.0

br

Ziphone DID screw up several things on my phone and that's why I'm trying to restore mine right now. Main problem is, and Ziphone did it, it won't show up in iTunes at all now so I'm starting to get worried a bit.

EDIT: After using ziphone to "do all" after I went to 1.1.4 (was on 1.1.2 still) now it won't show up in iTunes, won't launch iPod just crashes, bunch of apps just crash, customize not even half way works, like very few things show up most do nothing, my phone says there are 225 MB free when I have no music on here it should be nearly 7 GBs free..what's going on I'm updating iTunes but I have no time to do this right now, I have to go to work and I know for a fact only ziphone did this.
    Last edited by prodigy; 04-07-2008 at 10:07 AM.

Using it now on both of my iPhones. Workds just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Ziphone DID screw up several things on my phone and that's why I'm trying to restore mine right now. Main problem is, and Ziphone did it, it won't show up in iTunes at all now so I'm starting to get worried a bit.

EDIT: After using ziphone to "do all" after I went to 1.1.4 (was on 1.1.2 still) now it won't show up in iTunes, won't launch iPod just crashes, bunch of apps just crash, customize not even half way works, like very few things show up most do nothing, my phone says there are 225 MB free when I have no music on here it should be nearly 7 GBs free..what's going on I'm updating iTunes but I have no time to do this right now, I have to go to work and I know for a fact only ziphone did this.
    I'd like to point out that this wasn't exactly ZiPhone's fault. This is a common bug that happens a lot when jailbreaking. I'm not really sure exactly why it happens, but all you have to do is restore and it's fixed. I did this to my phone about 3 times while writing my 1.1.3 guide, and that was before I even know ZiPhone even existed.

All you people do is cry and complain no one forced you to use it you tell me one single program that has never screwed someones phone up you can't why!!! because it dosn't exist 90% of the time it's operator error then all you have to do is start over just be thankful there are programs out there that let you be able to jailbreak activate and unlock.....and stop knocking the people that make it possible hell go write your own code if you think you can do better

Is it still changing your bootlader

ZiPhone 3.0 OWNS ALL!

Everything works perfect!!!