Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: new version iPhoneBrowser 1.4

nice..going to test out this program!

is there a mac program that does the same thing? need help!

@ajizzo

Don't hold me to it, but isn't that one of the things Independence does?

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10990

Hi Guys

Can someone help me out using IPhoneBrowser v1.4 which I have installed on my PC.

My Iphone is v1.1.1 - unlocked and jailbreaked.

When I run it I can only see a few files (see attached screen shot) - looks like it thinks it not jailbroken...??

Can anyone help me out - how do I confirm if I am jailbroken?

How do I get access to the Iphone - I want install some themes...

Tks

Frosty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -browser-shot.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Frostywinter View Post
    Hi Guys

Can someone help me out using IPhoneBrowser v1.4 which I have installed on my PC.

My Iphone is v1.1.1 - unlocked and jailbreaked.

When I run it I can only see a few files (see attached screen shot) - looks like it thinks it not jailbroken...??

Can anyone help me out - how do I confirm if I am jailbroken?

How do I get access to the Iphone - I want install some themes...

Tks

Frosty
    Yeah I am having the same problem. I jailbroke my phone through CARNIVAL. Maybe thats why.

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

hey guys go to my sticky on filemods/you need afc2 enabled...i suggest using my second .plist its on page 2!!!!

Cool man, you finally fix it.
    Used to be unable to copy folder.
    Thx.
    Buang

Quote Originally Posted by ajizzo View Post
    is there a mac program that does the same thing? need help!
    You can also use iFuntastic.

FYI...there appears to be a bug in how iphonebrowser saves backups when using Windows Vista.

I noticed that no backup folders were visible either from within the program or when I looked in the folder directly. Turns out that they are, in fact there, but you can only see the backup folders if you run iphonebrowser in Admin mode. Further, when in Admin mode, you cannot actually add files to your iphone.

Here's my workaround...its Cludgey...but if your running Vista and don't do it you will end up will a zillion invisible folders in your /program files/iphonebrowser directory.

1) Run iPhoneBrowser in normal mode to add, remove, rename files on your iphone.
    2) Exit iphonebrowser
    3) Right Click iphonebrowser and select "run as administrator"
    4) *stay with me...this is strange* Choose any file on your iphone, right click and choose "save as" then navigate to your /program files/iphonebrowser directory. DO NOT HIT ENTER. We are just using the "save as" dialogue box because it is the only way I've found to actually see the hidden folders. Anyway..you should now see all your backup folders. Select them and hit delete...all while you are still in the "save as" dialogue box. Once all the directories are deleted, just cancel out from the save operation.

If anyone has a better means of getting rid of these folders, I would be thrilled. I've tried running the Command Window as Administrator, but the backup folders remained invisible.

You can argue that this is a Windows bug, but actually I think it is by design. The Program Files tree is not meant to have things stored there. Ideally, iphonebrowser, should store its backups in the /user/apps/ tree. I'm not being critical since I'm very appreciative of the work that's gone into iPhonebrowser, just trying to point out that those running Vista have to do some work to both get at those backups and get rid of them.

BTW...I'm also open to the fact that maybe I'm just being stupid and am doing something wrong...so feel free correct me... :-)

ttfn,
    rwr

No, I agree the backups shouldn't be in the Program Files folder - just not sure how to fix it and stay compatible with original versions.

Also need to only create new folder when a conflict occurs, or when you restart the program maybe, and not every time you do something. Maybe I can have the backup compaction routine fix everything when I write that.

Perhaps the easiest solution would be to simply add the option of where you want backups stored. That way, folks using earlier versions on XP could just leave things as is, but other folks could set up a backup directory in the /user/ tree. My guess is that you would have run iphonebrowser as administrator in order for this change to stick, but you would have to test that theory.

Alternatively, you could hardcode the backup directory as /user/apps/roaming/iphonebrowser but add the option to move any backup folders that may exist in the /program files/iphonebrowser to that new location.

Finally...there is easiest solution :-) Hard code it into the user tree and tell folks to move their files themselves in the readme.txt file. It may be a bad assumption, but my guess is that the vast majority of iphonebrowser users are savvy enough to move the directories themselves.

Btw...any thoughts on whether the odds that the expected 1.1.2 firmware might break your program's ability to read and write to the user part of the iPhone w/o jailbreak. I'm not upgrading firmware until I know.

Can anyone confirm that iPhonebrowser still works with iTunes 7.5. I assume it does since it uses Manzana rather than Apple's mobile device DLL, but wanted to check.

Manzana is actually just a .Net wrapper for the mobile device DLL, so if there are significant changes, it could cause a problem.

Default Installed But Doesnt Show all Files
    I installed have everything in correct folder (I think put Itunesmobledevice.dll in iphonebrowser folder) but I cannott see all files only the few apple files.

What am I missing

Yes I am Jailbroke, Windows

Thanks

NetMage...thanks for the clarification...unfortunatley knowing that reality doesn't fill me with joy. Have you had a chance to see if iPhonebrowser still works under iTunes 7.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinb View Post
    I installed have everything in correct folder (I think put Itunesmobledevice.dll in iphonebrowser folder) but I cannott see all files only the few apple files.

What am I missing

Yes I am Jailbroke, Windows

Thanks
    Look in the File Mod section for the afc2 sticky post. You need to get the afc2 service started to use a desktop browser.

Or, you can use WinSCP/FileZilla and just SSH.

Quote Originally Posted by rwross View Post
    NetMage...thanks for the clarification...unfortunatley knowing that reality doesn't fill me with joy. Have you had a chance to see if iPhonebrowser still works under iTunes 7.5?
    Not yet - waiting to see all the fall out

I may try tonight since it seems like the worst is redoing my custom ringtones.
    Last edited by NetMage; 11-07-2007 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

yes everything works fine after syncing to 7.5 all file browsers work and ibrickr tooo!

Thanks for the feedback...good to know that the changes to Apple's mobild device DLL didn't mess up iPhonebrowser 1.4.

Netmage...to my earlier post about the invisible files left in the program files/iphonebrowser/ directory when using Vista, any thoughts on how to manually make those visible?

Given that iphonebrowser, when launched as Admin and using the the save as diaglogue box, can see them it seems like other programs should.

I've tried using a DOS command window with elevated priv and also have tried making system files visible, neither worked. My guess is that if I could somehow run explorer with elevated priv, it might see them, but not sure how to make that happen.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Now if this only allowd for setting permisions for folk like me without WiFi (means no SSH), it would be perfect.

It looks nice but doesn't do anything iBrick can't; well at least not that I'm aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by rwross View Post
    Netmage...to my earlier post about the invisible files left in the program files/iphonebrowser/ directory when using Vista, any thoughts on how to manually make those visible?
    I suggest using this article's methods to run explorer.exe as the LSA using the AT command or psexec from System Internals (now Microsoft):
    http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_tips1288.html

Quote Originally Posted by Emir S. View Post
    Now if this only allowd for setting permisions for folk like me without WiFi (means no SSH), it would be perfect.

It looks nice but doesn't do anything iBrick can't; well at least not that I'm aware of.
    The primary difference from iBrickr is the ability to copy multiple files or directories at once either onto or off the phone.

This makes it very easy, for example, to install an eBook composed of multiple HTML files in sections (like the ones from manybooks.net (awesome site).
    Last edited by NetMage; 11-09-2007 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast