Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhoneBrowser test v1.60

Default iPhoneBrowser test v1.60
    iPhoneBrowser v1.60 zip archive is available at the Google Code page:
    http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/downloads/list

There is no install, just copy it over top of the existing iPhoneBrowser install you have.

Main differences are checking for /var/mobile versus /var/root to work with 1.1.3 and above, and improvement in detecting already connected iPhone when starting up.

Please let me know any issues you discover.
    Last edited by NetMage; 07-30-2008 at 10:37 PM.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

24trepid (05-02-2008), Dash-2 (05-18-2008), Emir S. (03-03-2008), jonty60 (09-12-2008), unniloct (05-27-2008), vietalogy (03-03-2008), Wongster360 (05-03-2008)

Great thanks.
    Just a random question.
    Currently, iPhonebrowser doesn't allow one to rename a file or folder even though it seems to be more then capable of doing so.
    Would this be something you would consider adding for us manual folk? (installer is great but I prefer to install my apps myself...it's about control i guess)

Obviously great app/

*EDIT*
    Nvm, I just installed it and the first thing I saw was the ability to turn off preview and to rename files/folders.

Thanks buddy
    Last edited by Emir S.; 03-03-2008 at 02:07 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Would it also be possible to add the ability to chmod files in iPhoneBrowser?

Can't get term-vt100 to work in 1.1.4 and don't use ssh, so it'd be really useful...

I have 1.1.4, installed iphonebrowser 1.6 and it still checks var/root instead of var/mobile. Any tips?
    Locked 1.1.1 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.1 --> Upgraded to 1.1.2 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.2 --> Upgraded to 1.1.3 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.3 --> Upgraded to 1.1.4 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.4 with zIphone --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 2.0.2 with QuickPwn
    Network - Vodafone GR
    Call In/Out - Working!
    Youtube - Done!
    SMS/Edge/GPRS/Wi-Fi - Working!

What jailbreak did you use? /var/root is tested first, so if those folders exist, that's where you go. What option are you trying and where do you go?

iPhoneBrowser is unable to chmod as that is not an option made available to iTunes currently through the afc service. Once iTunes can install applications, maybe that can change.
    Pocket-sized Development

I used ZiPhone 2.5c. After installing Zibris Brickr Fix (or something like that) it now works!
    Locked 1.1.1 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.1 --> Upgraded to 1.1.2 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.2 --> Upgraded to 1.1.3 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.3 --> Upgraded to 1.1.4 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.4 with zIphone --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 2.0.2 with QuickPwn
    Network - Vodafone GR
    Call In/Out - Working!
    Youtube - Done!
    SMS/Edge/GPRS/Wi-Fi - Working!

it can't detect my 1.1.2 iphone wich is downgraded from 1.1.3 tow days ago

test v1.60 works perfectly as far as the improvement in detecting already connected iPhone when starting up on my fw1.1.2 unlike older v1.52. v1.60 detects an already connected iphone flawlessly even after several restarts of the app over a period of time.

Thanks NetMage!

Quote Originally Posted by geft View Post
    it can't detect my 1.1.2 iphone wich is downgraded from 1.1.3 tow days ago
    What does it do exactly? Does it say you are not jailbroken? You probably need to install the afc2 service if that is the case...
    Pocket-sized Development

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for a GREAT program. I love it.

Works great, hope you keep this project alive!

Planning to release 1.60 or so with minor fixes, but running out of new features
    Pocket-sized Development

No vista x64 support?

Can u add an option to add repositories(installer sources) ..so that we could install apps directly from the PC to the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    Planning to release 1.60 or so with minor fixes, but running out of new features
    My suggestions:
    -Allow changing of permissions for files (presets for 775/777)(Read that you can't implement this, hopefully soon though).
    -Update shortcuts/locations (SummerBoard, Customize and "Third Party Applications" are now in /var/mobile/ etc.)
    -After clicking on a menu tab (Functions, Edit, etc.), rolling over another tab should auto open that menu.
    -Save settings on exit (ie Edit > Options > Ignore Thumbs.db rechecks its self when the program is restarted).
    -Option to delete all Thumbs.db and .DS_Store on whole iPhone.
    -Option to drag files off of phone (to go along with dragging files in).
    -New icons for different types of files (looks like only some image and audio files are supported, everything else is an unknown icon. We've got some pretty talented image designers here ;D).
    -Change: when selecting multiple files, bring up same dialog as just one file (the "Save file.ext as..." not the "Browser for Folder").
    -Convert binary plists to text and back, and edit plists

Love this program, keep up the great work!
    Last edited by Dash-2; 05-18-2008 at 04:47 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dash-2 For This Useful Post:

NetMage (05-20-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    My suggestions:
    -Allow changing of permissions for files (presets for 775/777)(Read that you can't implement this, hopefully soon though).
    I don't see this happening - I am not interested in writing a custom service/daemon to run on the phone, and Apple's AFC service doesn't provide access to permissions

-Update shortcuts/locations (SummerBoard, Customize and "Third Party Applications" are now in /var/mobile/ etc.)
    The test version 1.60 checks in /var/root and then /var/mobile, but I am going to switch the order before release.

-After clicking on a menu tab (Functions, Edit, etc.), rolling over another tab should auto open that menu.
    Have to check that one

-Save settings on exit (ie Edit > Options > Ignore Thumbs.db rechecks its self when the program is restarted).
    That is not supposed to happen, I'll see if mine is similar

-Option to delete all Thumbs.db and .DS_Store on whole iPhone.
    Could take a while

-Option to drag files off of phone (to go along with dragging files in).
    *ouch*

-New icons for different types of files (looks like only some image and audio files are supported, everything else is an unknown icon. We've got some pretty talented image designers here ;D).

-Change: when selecting multiple files, bring up same dialog as just one file (the "Save file.ext as..." not the "Browser for Folder").
    How would you suggest handling the naming of the multiple files you selected? The Save as... let's you rename the single file, but I don't see it working with multiple files.

-Convert binary plists to text and back, and edit plists
    I know. Lots of work here though.

Very nice list of suggestions - I appreciate it!
    Pocket-sized Development

I actually second all those requests.

Reako

Still doesn't work for Vista X64?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emir S. View Post
    Great thanks.
    Just a random question.
    Currently, iPhonebrowser doesn't allow one to rename a file or folder even though it seems to be more then capable of doing so.
    Would this be something you would consider adding for us manual folk? (installer is great but I prefer to install my apps myself...it's about control i guess)

Obviously great app/

*EDIT*
    Nvm, I just installed it and the first thing I saw was the ability to turn off preview and to rename files/folders.

Thanks buddy

You have to use winscp for this purpose

It works very well.

But you must 1st jailbreak it.

does anyone know when we might be getting support for vista x64 as there is are no programs that support x64 and I would love for the iphone browser to be the first one to support x64 I am sure there alot of people are waiting just like me so plz make it x64 compatible thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast