Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Linux?

Thanks
    Unhappy No Linux?
    hey folks;

I haven't noticed any development for Linux here on MMiP. Is there someone working on anything? I'm currently working with (Gentoo) Sabayon 3.4x64...I was kind bummed to find no Linux support here.

Penguins will rule the earth one day.........
    e4 e5, Ne2 Nf6, f4 exf4, Nxf4 d5, exd5 Nxd5, Nxd5...

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm down with penguins...but i'm all about OS x as well...i love the command line power combined with the smooth interface. linux has not proven to be solid enough for my computing habits...
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by antiflash View Post
    i'm down with penguins...but i'm all about OS x as well...i love the command line power combined with the smooth interface. linux has not proven to be solid enough for my computing habits...
    Congratulations on getting a dual-boot Macbook, (what flavor do you have running?). Did it come pre-loaded or did you install them both yourself? Too bad you haven't been able to find Linux solid enough for your computing habits...which do you love more the "command line power" or the "smooth interface"? No pun intended dude, but it's all the same.

At work, (the lab) I have Leopard/Sabayon_x64 running on a workstation...we've been using Sabayon cuz of the native desktop acceleration: Compiz fusion. I have been working on porting some OSX front-ends for the iPhone to Gentoo Linux.....let me tell you it ain't a walk in the park....however I'm currently working on putting together a really cool ipb front-end for Linux. Core Graphic support is not impossible
    Last edited by dev_god77; 08-24-2007 at 04:46 AM.
    e4 e5, Ne2 Nf6, f4 exf4, Nxf4 d5, exd5 Nxd5, Nxd5...