Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New app to create iPhone ringtones -- jailbreak not needed.

Thanks

Awesome application, worked great the first time. Thankyou

Converting iTunes purchased songs can be a pain, having to burn to CD and then import and convert to MP3.

There is a free workaround though.

NoteBurner will convert DRM files to MP3 without burning to CD.

It creates a virtual R/W drive to burn to and seemlessly converts to MP3.

The trial version allows 3 minutes of conversion, which is a great free solution for MP3s to use with iRinger.

i posted a new version 1.0.2.0 with the audio effects

Default Learn to make ringtones yourself!
    Hi everyone! I've made a website for people wanting to know how to make ringtones for the iphone:

http://www.createiphoneringtones.blogspot.com

Please check it out and if you find it useful, click on the google ads so i can get some money!

PS If anyone wants to exchange links to put on each others pages, please let me know.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This program worked perfectly. I had made a Legend of Zelda ring for my old phone which accepted any MP3 as a ring, now I can finally use it again.
    Phil Nolan
    Modeler / Animator
    High 5 Productions

Good to hear all the positive feedback... Remember, if there is anything anyone can think of that they want to see added, changed or improved, post it here! this is the only active forum for the iphone that I can find. I would add a "blog" to the site, but, I just don't have the time, energy or patience

Thanks again...
    -andy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i just use wavepad...

can you make it longer than 30sec

I took Reako's advice and prettied up the GUI a bit in the new version (2.0.0.1)

I will add in the ability to create 40 second ringtones in the next version... but, these ringtones will not be able to be added via iTunes... there is a 30 second limit with iTunes.

But, if you have a jailbroken phone, obvioulsly you can do whatever you want

Here is a screenshot of the new gui:

Please keep me posted on bugs or features you want to see added... I am trying to keep on top of this thread as much as possible.

-andy.

-andy.

ok 40 sec is cool would be even better if you can do a 1 min or 2 usually the best part of the song is the best 2 min I use iphone browers to add mines ...not itunes.. when will that version be out

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Great app. Who cares what it looks like. not like this is something you are going to be looking at all day to make a song. Function over form here. I mean if you want to put the time into polishing the GUI, be my guest. But for a free app people are just being picky.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Another suggestion would be to integrate custom text tone features. I have to use winscp and modify the text ringtones everytime i want a different one. Nice work on the app!

Yup... I have been thinking about how to go about transferring the sound to the phone without using iTunes (via scp/ftp/etc) if your phone is jailbroken. I am sure more and more people will have these types of servers installed once the SDK is released.

Also, what is the point of 2 minute ringtones? Do you sit and listen to the tone for 2 mintues before picking up?

I think the maximum on some services (before it goes to voice mail) is 40 seconds or something. iTunes has a limit of 30 seconds.

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

does this not work with? 1.1.1

no, just 1.1.2 and newer. If you use the Mecca patch on 1.1.1, the ringtones will play.

A better way to look at it is that it works with iTunes 7.6 to sync ringtones.

Only iPhones with >1.1.2 are supported by iTunes for this.

You can create the ringtones and then install them manually into 1.1.1 but it requires access to your phones file structure. Which means jailbreak and SSH.

Default installer Problem
    i am new and have 1.1.2otb 48 week iphone.what i did like this:

1. first downgrade to 1.1.1

2.then jailbroken and then upgraded to 1.1.2 with soft key try to unlock did,t work.

3.then i downloded zibri Zphone 5.0 and did activation,jailbroken and unlock in one shot very easy and i got UNLOCKED IPHONE with every thing working on it,tjhen i install 3 apps 1 fish game does't work though 2.call id 3. voice dial.

But now i can,t see the INSTALLER atall, i am not able to delete any of those applications,PLEASE HELP how i can get the INSTALLER BACK.Much appreciated.

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SonicMouse View Post
    no, just 1.1.2 and newer. If you use the Mecca patch on 1.1.1, the ringtones will play.
    all the more reason to upgrade to 1.1.2 ive had 1.1.1 for awhile now. thanks for the reply

There is a new version of iRinger (Version 2.2.0.0)

This version has some new bug fixes as well as the ability to export the ringtone via SCP or SFTP. So, if you have an SSH server on your iPhone, you no longer need to export to iTunes.

Also, iRinger has been tested on firmware 1.1.4 and it works beautifully!

-andy.

GREAT little app man...Seriously great work!

A couple of sugestions though
    1-Add zoom in and zoom out to the wave view and the ability to highlight the portion wanted by clicking on the wave form directly.
    2-Number one would be useful because if you copy the ringtones directly to the phone you are not limited to a certain length!...at least on 1.1.2 not sure on 1.1.3
    3-Add the ability to start the preview from a certain point (chosen from the wave view) in case you want to hear the effect applied to the last few seconds only for example.

Again great app! Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by hameed_farah; 02-26-2008 at 04:39 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast