Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Could We ....

Default Could We ....
    Ok This is going to be the source for all information about
    LPhone Project

Ok A Starting point for this is
    We have a JailBrocken 1.1.1 & 1.1.2 but if you have updated to 1.1.3 and then downgraded
    you can jailbreak again but can not use the iphone as a phone only a posh ipod
    and with the jail break software we can install the BSD Software to allow Unix Software to run
    So Eather Find or Create a sim Software that can operate the sim allowing the iphones to be usable for a
    start then from this we can go on to the step of getting DSL(Damn Small Linux) on to the iphone and booting selfserfishant but to do that I need all the Hard Ware Specks for the Iphone
    I Bit busy at the min so if some one could find them all
    Or if any one has the skill to pull the drivers from the Iphone that woudl be grate
    Last edited by barkermn01; 01-22-2008 at 01:20 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

You could probably do all this. Essentially what you are suggesting is to use the iphone hardware and rebuild the software from the ground up. You would need some community to get that task completed!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Hmm.. so like a custom firmware? If I am not mistaken..
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes. They did it for an iPod, so why can't they do it for iPhone? Even though this would be much more complicated...
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, like I said, it can be done (in theory) but can you do it? I know I can't. The reason it "can't be done" is because it "hasn't yet" and I feel that unless someone takes this up as a project for fun, it probably won't be. Plus constantly applying updates would be a pain, unless there was some sort of server we could connect to in order to do it. I feel that, though it would be cool to see this happen, there would be too much money and work involved to get it up and running. I will also add that with the ipod, apple didn't really care much about hacks because they didn't have a 2 year "sell your soul" agreement with every unit they sold. before the mentality was once it leaves the store you can do anything you want with it because it will not get them any more money.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

That is the smartest idea i have ever read!

If the Dev Team Wiki was up I'd point you to the iPhone Linux project, but it isn't right now...

OTOH, there is this:
    http://code.google.com/p/iphone-linux/
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

this would be cool. I'd love to see rockbox on this device.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

WoW What a turn out and that IPhone linux looks like a grate start for it if we got a few comunitys to gether like Mogmyifone and Dev team and EiteDev team we could probly have a working version in 2 months then it would manly be software coding the iphone has 8 gig witch is enuff room for a good OS so it can be done and i would love to try and make this happen and no more jail breaking and hacking apple software so mutch easyer int he long run coz apple will allways be updating and trying to stop JailBreak