Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS Partition App Offering $100!!

Default SMS Partition App Offering $100!!
    Okay. I'm getting desperate here. I'm a business man, who needs to store my text messages. I'm offering $100 to whoever can create an app that will:

1.) back up my texts to my computer (PC)

2.) partition my SMS messages, so my iPhone can hold more than 1,000 messages.

You can post this anywhere, I just need someone to create this app for me. PM me if you need more info, have any questions, or have created or found an app that will do what I need.

And depending on how well the APP works, there may be more than $100USD in it for ya!

Thanks.
    Last edited by CodyR1951; 12-17-2007 at 10:05 PM.
    -Cody

It's pretty easy to back up your SMS, if you want me to make an app (for free) to do it I could, but it's pretty much really easy to do over SSH. If you want more info about doing that yourself just ask.

And about the whole partitioning thing, I'm guessing it's something built in with the app. Someone would need to re-write the app or do some major hacking.
    Thanks,
    Matt

I have a program already to back up my SMS messages (iDataBackup) but I'd like a program that will automatically back-up the messages for me PLUS a way for me to change the partition for space allowed.
    -Cody

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Send me a pm, I can get your iPhone to store however many SMS you need.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Couldn't something like this be accomplished using some sort of a symlink? I believe I remember seeing that offered as a solution to creating more application space at some point.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

You need to mess with the SMS db's.

taken from iphoneskinning

There's a tweak available on Installer using: http://iphone.totalmatrix.net as a source and it allows you to bypass the current 1000 SMS message limit for the iPhone. The tweak can be found under Tweaks (1.1.1) and is called "No SMS Limit". The archived messages while hidden from the stock iPhone text messaging application can all be accessed using SMSD which i previously posted about.

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Send me a pm, I can get your iPhone to store however many SMS you need.
    why can't you just post it here?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taikmata View Post
    taken from iphoneskinning

There's a tweak available on Installer using: http://iphone.totalmatrix.net as a source and it allows you to bypass the current 1000 SMS message limit for the iPhone. The tweak can be found under Tweaks (1.1.1) and is called "No SMS Limit". The archived messages while hidden from the stock iPhone text messaging application can all be accessed using SMSD which i previously posted about.
    Quote Originally Posted by yesjoshyes View Post
    why can't you just post it here?
    Actually, the above should work even easier.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyR1951 View Post
    Okay. I'm getting desperate here. I'm a business man, who needs to store my text messages. I'm offering $100 to whoever can create an app that will:

1.) back up my texts to my computer (PC)

2.) partition my SMS messages, so my iPhone can hold more than 1,000 messages.

You can post this anywhere, I just need someone to create this app for me. PM me if you need more info, have any questions, or have created or found an app that will do what I need.
    I have designed this tweak of unlimited SMS, if you need help with it, let me know. Backup of SMS can be done via SMSD.
    If you want to help with that development, donate to Amrut who develops SMSD (which I used in this tweak).

I am also working on a tweak for unlimited "recent calls" archive and intelligent "speed dial" building itself based on amount of recent calls by number.
    Last edited by piranha; 12-18-2007 at 08:16 PM.

cool...quick question though...will this work on 1.1.2?

^Nice

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeusInvictus7 View Post
    cool...quick question though...will this work on 1.1.2?
    It appears to be working fine on my iphone and I'm running 1.1.2..

Also it's called "Remove 1000 SMS limit" and you can find it under the Tweaks 1.1.1

does anyone have information on changing the 75k limit?

I'm on iOS 4.0.1, and would rather not lose anything from may of 07 -> current.

Any information would be helpful as the repo that had the old app seems to be gone, and the app is no where to be found.

Cheers.

and..yes, sorry to bump a thread from the dead. But it contained all the info that I could find from searching for the past 3hrs