Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Developers

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,277 Times in 652 Posts

Default Developers
    Are you interested in developing a application for the iPhone? Do you need some web space to develop it?

If you do ModMyI will provide you with some space to develop and host your application.

If you're interested contact me or poetic_folly.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (06-15-2007), orlando18 (09-05-2010)

Thanks
    i don't need webspace, but i am working on a GUI for the phone mod app with core graphics support. i have a few linux apps almost ready for beta as well......a co-worker & i are working on an ipb front-end at our lab as well.

my question is: are you guys interested in supporting linux users?
    e4 e5, Ne2 Nf6, f4 exf4, Nxf4 d5, exd5 Nxd5, Nxd5...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dev_god77 For This Useful Post:

senas8 (08-24-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by dev_god77 View Post
    i don't need webspace, but i am working on a GUI for the phone mod app with core graphics support. i have a few linux apps almost ready for beta as well......a co-worker & i are working on an ipb front-end at our lab as well.

WOW! Thats exciting!
    There is no reason to do something anonymously if it is believed to be legal and it will benefit our rights.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,277 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dev_god77 View Post

yes.

I'm a programmer and I was woundering where could I go to find out where to start how iphones app are coded and could I code them with apple script or real basics?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Most folk work on iPhone coding in C. Check the iPhone Dev Wiki for some good documentation.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

javiert30 (08-09-2010)

Hi i want to learn how to program apps so i can make my own app for my iPhone
    How would i go about doing this or who should i talk to
    MyPhone is better than yours

If you've never programmed, I would suggest starting with something like Visual C# Express for Windows, or XCode for Mac, and write some desktop programs first to learn the general concepts.

Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X is apparently a good starting book for learning OS X GUI development.

The tricky (unfortunate) part is that the toolchain does not have an IDE for graphically working on user interfaces, nor an emulator, so development can be painful.

Oh, and Objective-C is the language used by OS X for GUI development.
    Last edited by NetMage; 11-02-2007 at 12:38 PM.

I too am intertested in programming native apps for the iphone but am unsure where to even start.

I have a little programming experience but mainly what I know is now useless. I'm sure I "can get back into it" if there were any useful guides or such. I am using Windows XP and do have a copy of Visual C# (from Visual Studio)

Could anyone provide any assistance/links?

like it was said before cocoa is probably the best to learn if you are starting out I know that there are a lot of guides to help you get started

We’re a Florida based company looking for an experienced and affordable iPhone application developer. If anyone has any recommendations, this is much appreciated thanks!

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanappmobile View Post
    Hello

Iíve just found a firm "TuniTeam" offering a very attractive offer for the development and validation of Apple mobile application.
    This offer called Zen Offer propose to undertake, at a fixed price and from only 1200$, the whole development and validation process and the acceptance of your mobile application.
    Services >TuniTeam: IT company based in Tunisia
    $1200 ... Seriously? You could spend less taking a App Design College course!!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Im a beginner Developer, Im trying to make an app so it can work with the voice control, my question is how can I make that app to work with the voice control if I cant see the iPhone code so I can make it work with my app? Maybe is a stupid question but I dont know yet, can somebody help me? Or give me some references.

I will appreciate your help
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

hello...i am new here and i have no any idea that how iphone applications are coded

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys! I'm new here, but I have quite a lot experience in iPhone and web development. I've just uploaded a tiny MS plugin to you for approval. If you need some help in coding MMI, an iPhone app or MS-based tweak, feel free to ask me for help! ;-) BTW, I'm a Linux user also (but recently I had to give up my principles and install Win7 because almost no jailbreak tools and iTunes are available for Linux).

Quote Originally Posted by merry558 View Post
    hello...i am new here and i have no any idea that how iphone applications are coded
    The main programming language of an iPhone application is Objective-C, however plain ol' ANSI-C and C++ are also allowed, and HTML, CSS and Javascript embedded in your app are allowed too, proven that the JS gets executed by the iPhone's own WebKit framework.
    One needs a development environment (either an SDK or a toolchain) to write computer programs, and it's the same for iPhone. Apple has a free SDK for Mac, and you can build an opensource toolchain for Linux. If you've written your app, and wish to install it on your iPhone, you have to either be a registered Apple developer and pay $99, or ModYourI [jailbreak your phone/touch/pad], and install it manually.

Now for the real, core development part. Computer programs written in a high-level, compiled language (like the C family) are compiled as follows. You, the programmer write some code. This code may contain your code only, or external references to library functions (and classes/object for OO languages). While compiling, the compiler interprets your code, generates some mathematical, abstract object from it (called AST), and detects if there are undefined - i. e. external functions - in it. If not, it simply generates machine code from it, if yes, it first pulls the needed references from the libraries (in iOS some of them called Frameworks) and then generates the executable file.

Hope that helped!
    h2co3@h2co3-laptop:~$ sudo apt-get install windows
    ERROR: APT won't install Windows on your PC,
    because it potentially damages and freezes
    your system. Please contact Miscrosoft
    and ask them to fix the bugs in Windows.
    h2co3@h2co3-laptop:~$_

Cydia developer
    iPhone 3G black, iOS 4.2.1 + JB

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bilallucky View Post
    You guys interested in supporting linux users?
    By what means? In developing in Linux, developing iPhone support sw for Linux, or what? (BTW I do, 'cause I'm a Linux user...)

if u r a real beiginer to developing you cuuold try adobe flash cs5. it makes deising apps very esay.

mmmm.... where i can learn open developing jailbroken iDevice? like quick sending sms? create fake call, or etc? thx advance from Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by masbog View Post
    mmmm.... where i can learn open developing jailbroken iDevice? like quick sending sms? create fake call, or etc? thx advance from Indonesia
    I would recommend iPhone Open Application Development, 2nd Edition By: Jonathan Zdziarski.

It's the best overall resource I've found on Open Tool and it's a decent if somewhat dated introduction to iPhone programming in general.

However, I would caution you that the market for open tool software is very small. I think the only people who really use it for anything significant beyond amusement are enterprise developers who want to highly customize their company's iPhone use. If your thinking about basing a mass market business on Open Tool I would do some research on how profitable that is likely to be before jumping in.