Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [NEW RELEASE - May 2008] IBACKUP - Backup All Your IPHONE APPS Via Windows OS

Default [NEW RELEASE - May 2008] IBACKUP - Backup All Your IPHONE APPS Via Windows OS
    iBackup - Version 1.8.26 BETA, released May 2008

For: Windows Operating System PC's Only.

What exactly does this app do?

This utility automatically backs up your applications, application data, and your photos.

Then, when you need to restore your iPod touches/iPhones because you really want to use the latest Jailbreak, or WinPwn, you can load up iBackup, and restore all of your apps again. The application is only for firmware 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 iPod touches/iPhones for PC. To use the application download it onto your PC, run the iBackup.msi, install it, and you can either run the program from your desktop, or through your Start Menu. Then when you run it you will see several buttons on the top, click the Backup button to backup your applications, application data and photos. Please read and follow the instructions. Then whenever you want to put all those applications and stuff back onto your ipod click the Restore button and follow the instructions.

LINK TO PROGRAM INFORMATION:

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/...hlight=iBackup

DIRECT EXE FILE DOWNLOAD LINK:

http://tinyurl.com/4jss7z

If you get the missing file error download here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jmn7nxdlftz

MIRROR(If the one on iPodTouchFans don't work download here):

http://www.mediafire.com/?7tzlzqgdyvl

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtM5yX3Bz8s"]YouTube - iBackup Tutorial 1.8.20 BETA[/ame]

***Note: This is a video when it was Beta version 1.8.20,,,,Now its Version 1.8.26 BETA. The video is still good though at giving you a basic idea of the program.***
    Last edited by iphoneuser2008; 05-14-2008 at 05:58 AM. Reason: added alternate download mirrors

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iphoneuser2008 For This Useful Post:

-V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- (05-15-2008)

gREAT, nice app gonna try it :-)

Let me know how it works.....such as if all your apps really work after a restore,,,,etc.....

wow, looks great! so... i'll be the first to ask... when's the mac version coming out? ;-)
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

why no support for 1.1.2, damn it!!

Backing apps right now Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow! Nice app! I want it on MAC though....

doesn't work for me it freezes. I updated the program and will try again

does it backup the installer plist's so that after the restore they will still be installed in installer? and backup the sources?
    previously known as iWant 1.1.1
    ...my dev-base...

iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Factory Unlocked

Can anyone report on their results from backing up with this program.....such as when one does a restore,,,,does this program require you to manualy re-set your app permissions,,,,to get any app to work properly again or no?

I have yet to use this backup program, so I was just curious....
    Last edited by iphoneuser2008; 05-15-2008 at 11:16 AM.

^^^Also Curios as i wanted to try winpwn!

it doesn't work. I have tried it on a few computers

I take that back. Once I learned to follow instructions and do the ssh fingerprint first it works fine.

sorry thanks
    Last edited by imbuggin; 05-16-2008 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks

I was interested in trying this out but have a question. I noticed that iBackup askes if you have symlinked your apps either manually or with BossTool. What if you had Cydia move and symlink the apps? Reason I ask is that Cydia moves the apps to a different subdirectory than BossTool. Does this matter?

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

where does it store the backup file on my computer and what is it called?

Thanks

Just thought of anotehr question, If you are running more than 90 apps (with Summerboard) will it mess up the phone by removing Summerboard? I imagine I would have to uninstall a few apps before uninstalling summerboard to do the backup.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

still waiting on a mac version, however, i installed this on my PC and am backing up my apps now! i'm very excited about this! this will make my next restore much less painful!

i just found this too... different dev but it seems to do the same thing for mac:
    http://ibackup.up.to/

UPDATE: HELP!

my next restore may be sooner than planned! after backing up using ibackup on my pc... i connected my iphone back to my mac (to charge it) and itunes popped up, wanting me to "set up my iphone"! it says it was previously synced to this computer (duh) and wants me to restore from my last backup (which was yesterday). what the heck?? how do i fix this?

another update: i just realized that all my music/videos/ringtones are gone... looks like this "backup" screwed up my phone. great. time to restore.
    Last edited by billchase2; 05-20-2008 at 09:16 PM.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

nice product . iused , very nice but it can backup all thing.
    for example guitarist sound file doesnt backing up so it cant open when restore again

Yeah, my utility owns this thing.... it was actually built to.