Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SummerBoard 1.1.1 Alpha

I followed the instructions exactly but whenever I run SMBPrefs it brings up a gray screen that says SummerBoard at the top, but then quits to the SpringBoard. Anybody know what's up?

So I attempted to manually load Summerboard 4 times (each with full restores). I put all the files in the correct location (double/triple checked it) and also changed all the numbers in the files added to 0755. Every time I try and activate Summerboard on the springboard, it tries to come up (has summerboard at the top) and then it just crashes.

Anyone have a fix for this?

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

I just installed it and mine is doing the exact same thing, opens and then crashes back to the iphone home screen a few seconds later

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by musicpenguy View Post
    I would like to keep the way Apple does the multiple springboards but use the themes and tweaks to springboard is this possible, with installation without removing the springboard tweak it seems to do absolutly nothing?
    agreed! Can we turn the scrolling feature on and off like theme wallpaper or anything else?

Default Summerboard 1.1.1Alpha on 1.1.1 firmware
    Summerboard 1.1.1 Alpha installed manually works great..the problem is, themes on installer app say I need summerboard installed to download..weird. Any help would be appreciated..
    Last edited by oxide99; 10-13-2007 at 06:32 PM.

im gunna try to install it from installer, then put the new **** into the old folders so it thinks its installed, ill tell u how it goes........

EDIT* it works, all i did was install it from installer, then manully put the files in place like normal, cept it thinks that its the other version.
    Last edited by harryding; 10-13-2007 at 08:47 PM.

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by harryding View Post
    im gunna try to install it from installer, then put the new **** into the old folders so it thinks its installed, ill tell u how it goes........

EDIT* it works, all i did was install it from installer, then manully put the files in place like normal, cept it thinks that its the other version.
    hahahahahaha best name on mmi

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

lol
    mod edit, old signature removed

No Mini-Dock?
    I loved that feature made it feel more like OSX

I had the springpatch installed on mine and then just did the manual install of summerboard without removing springpatch. Works great. I love the side scrolling and having all the theme options of summerboard, best of both worlds with this

for all who are getting the blank summerboard screen and crash:
    make sure you set your permissions to:
    rwxr-xr-x

...when manually copying summerboard files to you iPhone. make sure the permissions for the plist is rw-r--r-- like the install file says

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adxvance View Post
    for all who are getting the blank summerboard screen and crash:
    make sure you set your permissions to:
    rwxr-xr-x

...when manually copying summerboard files to you iPhone. make sure the permissions for the plist is rw-r--r-- like the install file says
    Well which one is it, rwxr-xr-x, or rw-r--r--?

do all the plist get rwxr-xr-x, or just the com.apple.SpringBoard.plist? I tried it everyway and nothing.

these are the install instructions
    MANUAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Copy the files to your iPhone as follows:

SummerBoard.framework -> /Library/Frameworks/SummerBoard.framework
    SMBPrefs.app -> /Applications/SMBPrefs.app
    Themes -> /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
    com.apple.SpringBoard.plist -> /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist

Make sure that the plists permissions are as such:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 704 Oct 9 20:00 com.apple.SpringBoard.plist

Reboot iPhone, enjoy!
    This part confuses me "-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 704 Oct 9 20:00 com.apple.SpringBoard.plist" why the little dash before rw, what is 1 root wheel 704?

Elaborate more on my situation, I used the 1touch to jailbreak my phone with 1.1.1. With the installation it installed summerboard, i'm not sure what version. I then proceed to installer, and what I thought was an update, and installed summerbaord from there. That did the ol dock on top of the screen trick so then I tried to manually install the SB alpha version, it fixed the dock but will not launch summerboard.
    Last edited by sogo; 10-15-2007 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by sogo View Post
    This part confuses me "-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 704 Oct 9 20:00 com.apple.SpringBoard.plist" why the little dash before rw, what is 1 root wheel 704?
    if this part is confusing you should probably wait until it comes out in Installer.app

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scr4p View Post
    if this part is confusing you should probably wait until it comes out in Installer.app
    I was waiting for this bandwagon comment. I want to understand, why don't you enlighten me. I have tried the permissions everyway and still no launchy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Nashville, TN- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
    Thanks

Because some people feel more impowered to just say that they can do it, and their skill lvl is higher

Anyways.....you on a mac or pc?

In your respective SFTP client make sure owner has read and write access, user has read and group has read access permissions

Thanks

Pc, and I am using WinSCP to manually install summerboard.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
    hahahahahaha best name on mmi
    Ty? Its not even my full user id that I normally use:

harryding-a-ling

tada!!!

Ty,Ty your to kind..................

Had to uninstall it my phone has slowed down to a crawl and the ipod app kept craashing... I'll wait...

Quote Originally Posted by sogo View Post

The dash before the first "rw" indicates whether the file listed is a directory or not. The "-" will be a "d" if the current file is a directory.

The "1" in the next column indicates the number of hard links to this file or directory.

"root" is the owner of the file or directory.

"wheel" is the group assigned to the file or directory

"704" is the size of the file or directory

And the date and time indicates the last time the file or directory was modified.

The owner (or user) and group are significant in the fact that the permissions directly reflect this. -rw-r--r--

You can view this in 4 parts.... the first dash (as stated above) indicates that this is a file (not a directory).

The next three characters "rw-" indicate the permissions that the owner (user) has for this file (read/write.... but not execute)

The next three characters "r--" indicate the permissions that anyone belonging to this file's group, "wheel", has (read only)

The last three characters "r--" indicate the permissions that everyone else has that are not the owner or in the owners group.

So that way you can figure out who owns the file, what group they are a part of, and what the permissions are for each category of user.

On the iPhone it's my understanding that all iPhone owners are by default logging into their iPhones as the "root" user which belongs to the "wheel" group. This is based on the fact that there is no user management on the iPhone and every time I've done an ls -la on an iPhone directory all the files seem to come back with the same user and group settings.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to blast7 For This Useful Post:

BogeyJH (10-16-2007), pastyclay (10-25-2007), PhoneLine (10-15-2007), RadicalxEdward (10-16-2007), rotaryheadrx7 (10-17-2007), sogo (10-15-2007), wbeedie (10-18-2007)

Thanks

If I could give you more than one thank-you I would.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast