Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [APP UPDATE]New public release of psx4iphone.v0.2.0 with 50% performance increase

Default [APP UPDATE]New public release of psx4iphone.v0.2.0 with 50% performance increase
    this is what Zodttd said on his site

In part with updating my older projects with the newer firmwares for iPhone/iPod Touch such as 1.1.3 and higher, I have released psx4iphone v0.2.0 publicly.
    psx4iphone is a Sony Playstation 1 emulator for the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch. It's a large work in progress type project. It is based on the psx4all project.
    You can grab this release from the ZodTTD.com Public Installer.app repo source.
    ZodTTD.com on Installer.app download instructions: http://www.zodttd.com/forum/index.php/topic,574.0.html
    What's new in v0.2.0:
    - Added support to firmwares such as 1.1.3 and 1.1.4.
    - Compiled with saurik's new toolchain.
    - Fixed the detection of whether frameskipping can be used during certain frames within a game.
    - Improved the dynamic recompiler code.
    - Moved the BIOS location to /var/(mobile or root depending on firmware)/Media/ROMs/PSX/

This release brings up to 50% more performance than previous releases. Though going from 25 FPS to 37 FPS isn't going to cut it, it's still an improvement. Most games are running at about 20-30 FPS it seems. I'm not quite sure why the iPhone is running psx4all slower than most handhelds of equal or lesser raw CPU power. It may be due to the way the iPhone/iPod Touch clears it's instruction cache via sys_invalidate_icache(...) or it could be due to the read speed of the ISO's. Maybe both. Either way more work has to be done to see whats bottlenecking the iPhone and this application.

update available via installer ....i think so
    Last edited by coolbeer1990; 04-02-2008 at 12:39 AM.

Yeah, there is a significant speed boost, but still... even the most simple games (e.g. American Pool, 10 MB rom) aren't too playable. Let's get a boost like this about 4 more times.

i know that but still ...for me speed matters

I tried gran turismo 2 and it hangs after the long warning it gives you at the begining ofthe game, any one else get this? Is it cause I don't have a bios?
    Tune in
    Turn on
    Drop out

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Continuously crashes to the Springboard for me...doesn't work at all. Read thru the web page and others notes...but still doesn't work.

I got gran turismo 1 and 2 and two hangs after the safty warning and one hangs during the warning, is it because they are .bins?
    Tune in
    Turn on
    Drop out

This would be great if the roms were actually playable. I only have on game, Brunswick Circuit Bowling on my iPod Toufh and it takes forever to load. Then, when it indicates to press start, the start button doesn't do anything. It finally started on its own (I assume) and the game was in sloooowwww motion. I am back with the GBA emulator for now.

I'm sure this is a huge project so I am in no way criticising the developer...just stating my experience with running the emulator.

my gran turismo hangs too. it's not the bios cuz i tried different ones to no avail. it worked on psx 1.0 so it shouldn't be because it's a bin file. but how do you change bin's to iso's anyways? i used iso's on my hacked psp (teehee) and they just seem more 'familiar'