Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BETA: AVPlayer

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default BETA: AVPlayer
    I AM NOT THE DEVELOPER... JUST POSTING SINCE NO THREAD STARTED

*** Original Post = http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/...ad.php?t=52077 ***

AVPlayer.app **This was PreviewVideo.app
    Plays various system-supported A/V formats.
    audio, video, seeqpod, mxtube, torrent, mp4, m4v, 3gp, mp3

INSTALLER SOURCE: http:// i h a c k s . u s/a27.xml - in A27 DevTeam category (NO SPACES IN THE URL)

MANUAL INSTALL: http://rapidshare.com/files/10260491...r.app.zip.html
    Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?y1jxtzty1te

You need MobileFinder installed to use this program

Setup Your Associations
    In Finder:Settings> down to the File Association section, add any of these:
    (you can add one at a time, restarting Finder between additions)

for Video______________
    mp4:com.system.avplayer
    m4v:com.system.avplayer
    3gp:com.system.avplayer

for Audio______________
    mp3:com.system.avplayer
    aif:com.system.avplayer
    amr:com.system.avplayer - Works great when recieveing MMS files in SwirlyMMS
    ...and others

You can double-tap an associated file from Finder to play it
    The application icon loads the previously played clip.
    Use the Home key to quit the player

post comments suggestions and problems here thanks
    Last edited by SiLeNtKiLLa; 03-27-2008 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Adding filetypes Association
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SiLeNtKiLLa For This Useful Post:

rikerknight (04-08-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

does finder work properly in 1.1.4 because I can never delete or move anything. But this is cool.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
    does finder work properly in 1.1.4 because I can never delete or move anything. But this is cool.
    It does for me, but I honestly can't remember if I had to modify it in any way.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

@silentkilla - great find, thanks!

@pingwhen - do this to get finder to work:

chmod 4755 /Applications/Finder.app/Finder
    chmod 4755 /bin/cat /bin/chmod /usr/bin/chown /bin/cp /bin/ls
    chmod 4755 /bin/mkdir /bin/mv /bin/rm /bin/rmdir
    chmod 4755 /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.MobileFinder.plist
    Last edited by jrentzke; 04-11-2008 at 04:10 AM.

Thanks

so can we now watch videos sent from other phones in our iPhones through swirlymms?

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

why is this better than the built in video player? It doesn't play any formats that aren't supported by it. No? So what is the point. If it played .avi files then we'd have something.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

This app is a standalone player. You can copy your media directly to your device (drag and drop) instead of being force to sync via iTunes.

Thanks

AVPlayer .01 crashes everytime I try to play a downloaded vid or mp3, anyone else having the same problem?
    On .02, it just keeps going to their dev web page.
    Help please. =( Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by desepticon View Post
    why is this better than the built in video player? It doesn't play any formats that aren't supported by it. No? So what is the point. If it played .avi files then we'd have something.
    The point is that you don't have to sync your media in iTunes to playback. You just simply need to have them on the iPhone. So you can download media to your iPhone, SCP media to your iPhone, etc. and you'll be able to playback right away without syncing in iTunes first.

Quote Originally Posted by itzwiL View Post
    AVPlayer .01 crashes everytime I try to play a downloaded vid or mp3, anyone else having the same problem?
    On .02, it just keeps going to their dev web page.
    Help please. =( Thanks in advance.
    You're supposed to use MobileFinder to open the media files. When you hit AVPlayer on the SpringBoard, it'll either playback the last file opened or it'll bring you to the developer's web page (which you should've READ since it tells you all of this) if you have never opened a media file before.
    Last edited by likwidfuzion; 04-11-2008 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

works well with finder for me on 1.1.2 firmware, but, when you finish playing the media clip, it will not return to finder, rather it just waits there even when "done" button is pressed. the only way out is by pushing the home button.

Mazor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by likwidfuzion View Post
    You're supposed to use MobileFinder to open the media files. When you hit AVPlayer on the SpringBoard, it'll either playback the last file opened or it'll bring you to the developer's web page (which you should've READ since it tells you all of this) if you have never opened a media file before.
    I love your emphasis on "READ". And yes, I use MobileFinder to try and open an mp3 and avi file. I tried both associating the files and opening it manually, same result. It brings me to the dev page. I've tried with several iPhones (4) and I get the same result.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

this is awesome, now that we can download videos via safari file downloader, this app is sweet

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    @silentkilla - great find, thanks!

@pingwhen - do this to get finder to work:

chmod 4755 /Applications/Finder.app/Finder
    chmod 4755 /bin/cat /bin/chmod /usr/bin/chown /bin/cp /bin/ls
    chmod 4755 /bin/mkdir /bin/mv /bin/rm /bin/rmdir
    chmod 4755 /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.MobileFinder.plist
    Will this fix the issue where I cannot edit files outside of the mobile directory that haven't had their permissions changed to 777?

Example, I can't delete a file created in var/root unless I hop in to terminal first and set its permissions to 777. Then I can modify it through mobile finder. I'd like to get around this issue, will the steps above resolve this?

hi yall

I have been having issues with a few users

all I can advise at this point, first you must be using the mobileFinder package from `Ste Packaging`, the one from iClarified source seems to be incompatible. if you have the bad one, uninstall it and get the good'n.

I'm glad the rest of you enjoy it. I will be adding some requested features coming soon.

the info at the start of this thread is obsolete...should I start a new one?

YES when you update the program

Great JOB thanks, Hope to see options like Choose the file and delete and others in teh update and maybe even not use Mobile finder anymore
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

I have downloaded a video with SafariPlugIn just for test,I had it to run with the Ste Mobilefinder but it couldnt, It tried to,but was stuck on the screen with QuickTime logo without being able to play.on the other hand it could play my mp3s and videos already in my ipod library.
    couldnt this be modified to run applications with .JAR or JPEG exts!!!!!!!!!!!??.
    Last edited by babikian; 04-13-2008 at 12:52 PM.

itzwiL i have the same issue as yours and this program is driving me crazy! i tried changing its permission to 577 & 777 and any other possible number yet it keeps opening safari on the dev's annoying web page! any ideas on how to make it work (have 1.1.4 freed with ziphone)

It's not working on my phone. I installed from the installer, set the permission, did the file associations, reset, restart, everything; but when click on a video file on the Finder, the player launches, but the screen is black, nothing showing. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have 1.1.4

Thanks

Tonya
    Last edited by tonyaross; 04-27-2008 at 10:10 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Can this be used to view 3gp videos sent from a regular cell phone to my iphone email?

If not, is there any other way to view Camphone videos emailed to me?
    Last edited by ripped53; 07-08-2008 at 03:24 PM.