Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 104

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Caterpillar 1.2 Released

  1. #1
    iPhone? More like MyPhone shadow_cruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto,Canada
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Default Caterpillar 1.2 Released
    • All Components:
      • Added an option to turn on the Apple built-in screenshotter.
    • Uninstall (new component):
      • Uninstalls software installed with Installer.app directly from SpringBoard by clicking the remove button in the rearrange icons mode (1.1.3 and newer only). AppTapp.framework used with permission from Nullriver Software.
    • FaceLift:
      • Added SummerBoard themes support. What's different from SummerBoard implementation:
        • All themes created for SummerBoard are compatible with FaceLift;
        • Theme author can add additional info in the theme file to customize:
          • Icon label background color;
          • Icon label background border color;
          • Icon label background border thickness and curvature;
          • Icon label font and color;
          • Separate font color for the icon label when it's in the Dock;
          • Calendar icon: date text font, position, shadow parameters;
          • Calendar icon: weekday text font, position, shadow parameters.
          More options are planned for the future releases of Caterpillar. Themes will remain backwards compatible with SummerBoard, but the customization features will only be available for FaceLift.
        • Custom badges in the theme are supported.
        • Localization will no longer prevent custom application icons to be applied from the theme.
      • Added an option to dim the SpringBoard background.
      • Few tweaks to the look of the reflexive Dock so it looks better.
    • µCalendar:
      • Slightly changed the display of the upcoming events: now shows the day of the week instead of +1 etc.
      • Fixed an issue with the event time not displaying correctly because of time zones.


    Source: http://ripdev.com/caterpillar/version-history

    I was hoping they would change the price of the app to something more affordable. Maybe the next release
    Last edited by shadow_cruiser; 03-24-2008 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Added some screenshots I made for you guys:)

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to shadow_cruiser For This Useful Post:

    franky222 (03-24-2008)

  3. #2
    Green Apple ColPhorbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Savannah, Georgia
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Alright I'm gonna go ahead and answer this before like 475389543 people ask it. This fixes the unlimited use hack. I had the first version, used up the two days, applied the hack via installer, added the FreeCaterpillar.app, ran it in Jiggy and had a perfectly working free version of Caterpillar. About 10 minutes ago I saw an update to 1.2 on Installer and decided to try it just to see what happened. I'm back where I was before the free hack, it asks me to activate and everything so I guess it voided it. Does anyone have a link to the inevitable Caterpillar 1.2 free unlimited use hack yet?

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColPhorbin For This Useful Post:

    kainisable (03-28-2008), mfleigle (03-24-2008)

  5. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ColPhorbin View Post
    Alright I'm gonna go ahead and answer this before like 475389543 people ask it. This fixes the unlimited use hack. I had the first version, used up the two days, applied the hack via installer, added the FreeCaterpillar.app, ran it in Jiggy and had a perfectly working free version of Caterpillar. About 10 minutes ago I saw an update to 1.2 on Installer and decided to try it just to see what happened. I'm back where I was before the free hack, it asks me to activate and everything so I guess it voided it. Does anyone have a link to the inevitable Caterpillar 1.2 free unlimited use hack yet?
    no warez discussion is allowed here.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

  6. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone shadow_cruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto,Canada
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Yes, please use this thread to discuss the release of Caterpillar 1.2. I may actually purchase a $20 subscription. Does anyone know if I could keep my license if I restore my phone someday?

  7. #5
    Have they fixed some of the stability issues with it?

  8. #6
    Default Stability
    I've been using the previous version for a while and haven't really noticed any stability issues. I just didn't install the fonts or privacy applications cause I find them to be rather useless. Facelift ucalender and reminder all have been working great.

  9. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow_cruiser View Post
    Yes, please use this thread to discuss the release of Caterpillar 1.2. I may actually purchase a $20 subscription. Does anyone know if I could keep my license if I restore my phone someday?
    yeah i've restored multiple times and it installs no problem when i re-install it. doesn't ask me for the registration code or anything

  10. #8
    jesus this release is sweet, its becoming summerboard and much more

    love the way i can have a lock wallpaper and choose to overlay fade my springboard wallpaper at different opacities!!, and had to laugh, as soon as i installed the update, the apple screenshotter toggle button was set to on, it read my manually inserted string in the plist. heh!
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

  11. #9
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    719
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    I bit the bullet and purchased the $20 subscription to 1.1 last week. It has worked very well with SMB on my 1.1.4. I did not have Dock instaleld bc of the problems that others have reported. I've upgraded to 1.2 and the SMB themes actually appear in the facelift application. Everything appears to work very well together except for all of the theme dock images do not always appear. The default iphone dock appears most of the time.

  12. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone shadow_cruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto,Canada
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lyonss3 View Post
    yeah i've restored multiple times and it installs no problem when i re-install it. doesn't ask me for the registration code or anything
    Thank you very much!. I'll definitely purchase a $20 license

    Quote Originally Posted by Quaddy View Post
    jesus this release is sweet, its becoming summerboard and much more

    love the way i can have a lock wallpaper and choose to overlay fade my springboard wallpaper at different opacities!!, and had to laugh, as soon as i installed the update, the apple screenshotter toggle button was set to on, it read my manually inserted string in the plist. heh!
    Yeah, I personally love this application too!. It will be the first application I actually purchase;P

  13. #11
    Been waiting for this for a few days.

    Upgrade time

    Quote Originally Posted by ColPhorbin View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the inevitable Caterpillar 1.2 free unlimited use hack yet?
    Yup, its called register, well worth it.
    Last edited by theguyz; 03-24-2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  14. #12
    Never found caterpillar to be unstable. in 1.1 version. The only bug I found with this program is with Smart dialer. After entering 2 or three digits, the unit will hang tone for about 5 seconds while it searches the database for matching names.

    MAzor

  15. #13
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 45 Times in 31 Posts

    so i just un-installed springboard app and every thing works fine with the themes but how do i hide the dock labels like springboard app. is this possible with caterpillar or do i need springboard to hide the labels

  16. #14
    i am not using summerboard...but where should i put summerboard theme? to use it with facelift.
    can anyone plz tell where should i make summerboard directory...
    thanx in advance...
    loving this caterpillar 1.2...have buyed unlimited version......
    just missing "hide app label"...hope they wil enable it in there next release....
    1.2 is working here with no problem at all.....keep it up Rip Dev

  17. #15
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 45 Times in 31 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by wa393 View Post
    i am not using summerboard...but where should i put summerboard theme? to use it with facelift.
    can anyone plz tell where should i make summerboard directory...
    thanx in advance...
    loving this caterpillar 1.2...have buyed unlimited version......
    just missing "hide app label"...hope they wil enable it in there next release....
    1.2 is working here with no problem at all.....keep it up Rip Dev
    ~/Var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/"themefolder"

  18. #16
    how does the calendar feature work now? with the older version, i would push a button to wake up my phone, it would wait 2-3 seconds, and THEN the unlock screen would come up. i ended up disabling it because the wait/load time was really annoying.

    oh, also the smart dialer never really seemed to work for me. i enabled it... but i haven't noticed any changes at all.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

  19. #17
    hei thanx for quick reply...
    i have just tried ...have also did chmod 755 dir.. but icons are 644
    but nothing changed in springboard after reboot
    should i chmod 755 each icons also?
    also installed summerboard theme via installer...but from installer it put in /var/root/library not in mobile dir
    but no luck...

    billchase2 calender works good....when u press sleep button to iphone to sleep...iphone need 1-3 sec. to sleep....if u press sleep button right after u want it to sleep then it will take a little time....its normal my friend...

    u should never wake ur phone right after u let it go to sleep give it some seconds hehe
    Last edited by wa393; 03-24-2008 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #18
    This app doesn't work for me anymore. Since upgrading to 1.2 version, it's totally frozen my phone. Can't use the touchscreen, can't uninstall no matter how many times I reboot. I am going to have to do a full restore, and reinstall all my apps. What a PITA.

    Even before that, smart dialling was buggy and slow, although a great idea.

    Definitely NOT worth paying for at the moment - this app is not ready for commercial release.

  21. #19
    To the ones that upgraded to 1.2. Did you uninstall 1.1 before upgrading or just upgraded through installer.

  22. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by BrumBrum74 View Post
    To the ones that upgraded to 1.2. Did you uninstall 1.1 before upgrading or just upgraded through installer.
    I upgraded through installer.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •