Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Caterpillar 1.2 Released

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    no warez discussion is allowed here.
    I believe it is legal to talk about warez just not post a link (When in reality Jailbreaking/3rd part apps are in fact warez since it is illegal till June). A website is not libel for text, just linking to files is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by ColPhorbin View Post
    Alright I'm gonna go ahead and answer this before like 475389543 people ask it. This fixes the unlimited use hack. I had the first version, used up the two days, applied the hack via installer, added the FreeCaterpillar.app, ran it in Jiggy and had a perfectly working free version of Caterpillar. About 10 minutes ago I saw an update to 1.2 on Installer and decided to try it just to see what happened. I'm back where I was before the free hack, it asks me to activate and everything so I guess it voided it. Does anyone have a link to the inevitable Caterpillar 1.2 free unlimited use hack yet?
    Mine still works, but the website (the hack) was shut down. And note to moderators before deleting posts, it is not illegal to talk about warez. Just linking to copyrighted files.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warez#Legality
    Last edited by mfleigle; 03-24-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mfleigle For This Useful Post:

MattMac (03-25-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by wa393 View Post
    billchase2 calender works good....when u press sleep button to iphone to sleep...iphone need 1-3 sec. to sleep....if u press sleep button right after u want it to sleep then it will take a little time....its normal my friend...

u should never wake ur phone right after u let it go to sleep give it some seconds hehe
    i realize this. no matter how long my phone is in sleep mode, it takes a few seconds for the screen to come back up after pressing a button when calendar is activated, which is why i disabled it.

Quote Originally Posted by mfleigle View Post
    I believe it is legal to talk about warez just not post a link (When in reality Jailbreaking/3rd part apps are in fact warez since it is illegal till June). A website is not libel for text, just linking to files is illegal.

Mine still works, but the website (the hack) was shut down. And note to moderators before deleting posts, it is not illegal to talk about warez. Just linking to copyrighted files.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warez#Legality
    it's not illegal to jailbreak... it simply voids your warranty since you are installing unsupported third party software. and i'd mentioned the warez policy right away so that the conversation didn't sway to the warez version rather than the topic of caterpillar 1.2.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

....which is why we delete the ones with links...

I believe it is legal to talk about warez just not post a link (When in reality Jailbreaking/3rd part apps are in fact warez since it is illegal till June)
    No, because we didn't pirate Apple's code and distribute it. It's not illegal, it's unofficial; there is a difference. 3rd party denotes that it's made by a 3rd party other than Apple. All the 3rd party apps so far have used an unofficial SDK that was freely distributed across the community.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

I was having trouble figuring out the new theming options, however I think I have it down now so I figured I would go ahead and post this. In order to change the icon label text and background colors (and the date that shows up on the calendar icon) you need to create and add A info.plist to the theme folder you are trying to implement the new features on. If you are trying to mod your Agua theme, Just download their demo info.plist (see below) and put it in the theme folder under var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes/Aqua. So you will have a wallpaper.png, info.plist, dock.png, and a folder for your icons. Then you can go in and mess with the info.plist and edit it till you see fit.

Here is a sample from the plist (this is only the part of the plist that edits the text that shows up over the calendar icon for the date), this would change your date to show up in red-

HTML Code:
    <key>CalendarIcon</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Date</key>
            <dict>
                <key>Color</key>
                <dict>
                    <key>A</key>
                    <integer>1</integer>
                    <key>B</key>
                    <integer>0</integer>
                    <key>G</key>
                    <integer>0</integer>
                    <key>R</key>
                    <real>0.8</real>
    Now to explain -
    The "A" is the opacity. 1 is full visible, 0 would be invisible. 0.5 would be half visible (to use decimals, see the note below).
    The "B" is the amount of Blue in the text.
    The "G" is the amount of Green in the Text.
    The "R" is, you guessed it, the amount of red in the text.

Now one thing to note... Notice how the A, B, and G values are all a whole number? And notice how they have the <integer></integer> tags around them?? If you are going to use a decimal number, such as the value above for R (.8), you need to change the tags to <real></real>.

Hopefully this clears it up a little bit and didn't make it more confusing...

Get the demo info.plist here - http://ripdev.com/caterpillar/themes (along with some more info)

Another example while I am at it -

The first half of the code gives me 50% visible icon lables in white.
    The second half of the code gives me no text under my dock icons because of the 0 value for A (just like turning them off in summerboard, but I have no need for summerboard anymore).
    HTML Code:
        <dict>
            <key>Color</key>
            <dict>
                <key>A</key>
                <real>0.5</real>
                <key>B</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>G</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>R</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
            </dict>

<key>DockColor</key>
            <dict>
                <key>A</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>B</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>G</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>R</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
            </dict>
    One last thing worth mentioning.... If you have one line of code messed up, none of the other modifications in the plist will work either. This happened to me when I was trying to use decimal numbers with the integer tags...
    Last edited by s2kpdx; 03-24-2008 at 06:41 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

wa393 Install the SMB fix under tweaks and it will solve the problem
    Last edited by chronzz; 03-24-2008 at 07:04 PM.

hello
    some samples from me with the new "cat" .....im lovin it.....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -caterdemo.jpg  
    Last edited by nicerl; 03-24-2008 at 08:41 PM.
    iPhone, USA, 2.0.0, 05.05.02_H, BL 5.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nicerl View Post
    hello
    some samples from me with the new "cat" .....im lovin it.....

Those icons are awesome you gotta give me a link to download PLEASE

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

LMAO @ the people who still don't see the benefit in purchasing and continues to try to get it the illegal way.

But anyhow... Seems that Caterpillar will soon become the ALL-IN-ONE package everyone has been looking for.

I love this app!
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    LMAO @ the people who still don't see the benefit in purchasing and continues to try to get it the illegal way.

But anyhow... Seems that Caterpillar will soon become the ALL-IN-ONE package everyone has been looking for.

I love this app!

Pretty sure its just the 45 dollar price tag. With the SDK coming out, its a bit... much.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbplayer5 View Post
    Pretty sure its just the 45 dollar price tag. With the SDK coming out, its a bit... much.
    Understandable... Anyone seeing duplicates of all the SB themes when turning on the Themes in Caterpillar?

*********EDIT***********

OK guys and gals... through my stupidity, I uninstalled SB just to see the effect of FaceLift on the device without it installed. But unfourtantely, FaceLift doest not correct the 80 App limit that SB fixed.... So you already know what Im seeing on my device right now. No biggie! And the even better part, my OpenSSH isnt connecting, so my guess is its not activating on reboot. Oh well, still by far my Fav App... On my way to restore and start an newer and brighter future. *smile*
    Last edited by SiLeNtKiLLa; 03-24-2008 at 09:41 PM. Reason: DO NOT UNINSTALL SB
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

anyone find a way to hide the dock icon labels?

iPhone? More like MyPhone shadow_cruiser's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbplayer5 View Post
    Its also the fact if I purchase a subscription, who knows if RIPdev will go the Official SDK route and toss out support for those who paid earlier.

I mean, just look at iBlackjack. It was never a pay-per-use app but many people sure as hell donated with intent of updates and all they got was a closed door, literally.

I just purchased a $20 subscription and I'm really happy with it

If RiPDev goes SDK all other supporters are screwed as APPLE posts as fee'd program and then distributes x% to programmer if sold.

If they SDK and offer free they screw original supporters.

I will admit the pricing structure does s u c k , but functionality of what all people asking for and they 1st to provide it ( aka REMINDER, more info on locked screen () ucalendar ).

I still think they should go module fee and with SDK will work, pay say $20 for unlimited support for modular program ( aka - they background app ), user pays $5 extra per feature they want smartdialer, reminder, facelift, ucalendar, font, privacy.

At this method people who said they contribute 20 for reminder app ( sounds ever x minutes, with sound ) pay $25 and have what they want saving $20.

I see they have this idea in mind, as when you install you get choice of programs to install.

But issue's still ie as in instability with some apps, I'm sure on install program if users goes to install one aspect or all and known conflict issue with another app a simple warning should come up. Issue with already installed all ( all they would have to do is do a check dir for /Applications/nameofappknownforcompatibilityissue )

I am personally at a loss, 3 iphones here. AN donly registered 1 with unlimited. Likely hood in 1 years time will still have iphone .......... unlikely. But shoudl had done the 6 months on all 3. Although the savings suck on volume discount as well.

Yes i love this module app, yes registered but find it coming to a point to force us to quit using apps we liek ( summerboard ---freebie ) and make us pay and loose support for using summerboard without issue.

Thanks

Did the trial, but there is nothing that I really need. Judging by some people's reactions, this might be as stable as a three legged chair, so I'm just going to leave it uninstalled for now.

(Haven't needed to restore since early January, let's keep it like that! )
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

This might be the first app I pay for on the iPhone. Does some things I didn't even realise I wanted !

the-iBlog.com Apple, iPhone and web 2.0 news and views

So here I am reading all these posts wondering what to do...I mean $20 to me is nothing, but I don't want something that is not stable either...I'm JB on 1.1.2 and have no complaints...the SMS and calendar features look nice though.

the hidden SMS feature should be a standard apple feature... Nothing like showing your friend the phone and having a bad text pop up haha

iPhone? More like MyPhone shadow_cruiser's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotafan View Post
    So here I am reading all these posts wondering what to do...I mean $20 to me is nothing, but I don't want something that is not stable either...I'm JB on 1.1.2 and have no complaints...the SMS and calendar features look nice though.
    You have to be on 1.1.3 or newer to take advantage of the full features. Myself and amoung others have found this app very stable. Just make sure you use it on a fresh restore

I doubt Apple will allow this program to be released through AppStore. If it's one thing we know, Apple doesn't normally like the skinning of their UI's. If it does get released through the official AppStore, I am almost certain it is gonna be a highly modified version of what is available now.

Reako

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I don't see anything in the release to address the issue of it crashing the apple apps such as safari or stocks. Sometimes it will randomly shut the screen black and reload it to the lock screen, very well documented flaw. Happened to me when I tested the program out also.

Lot's of features, not much in the way of functionality update.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast