Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: {Tweak} iconOmatic [beta]

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    2.8 GB of Wallpapers in various resolutions

One folder with multiple folders inside.
    1) 640x960 (iPhone 4)
    2) 640x1136 (iPhone 5)
    3) 960x1704 (rumored iPhone 6 resolution)
    4) 1280x800 (MacBook Pro Resolution)
    5) 1920x1080 (Most Windows monitors - full 1080p)
    6) 2048x2048 (iPad Retina)

MamaJaay's Walls
    WONDERFUL, my friend!! Best share EVER!! I don't see the folder for 960x1704 yet... Assume you're still porting?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    WONDERFUL, my friend!! Best share EVER!! I don't see the folder for 960x1704 yet... Assume you're still porting?
    Well, thanks Grant. the folder is there. Was still uploading.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (05-31-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    2.8 GB of Wallpapers in various resolutions

One folder with multiple folders inside.
    1) 640x960 (iPhone 4)
    2) 640x1136 (iPhone 5)
    3) 960x1704 (rumored iPhone 6 resolution)
    4) 1280x800 (MacBook Pro Resolution)
    5) 1920x1080 (Most Windows monitors - full 1080p)
    6) 2048x2048 (iPad Retina)

MamaJaay's Walls
    Too sweet! Much thanks MJ

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dizzy714 For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (06-01-2014)

Since I am unable to use iconomatic without having my animations crash, I tried doing a little experimenting with other tweaks. Bigify+ has a layer overlay feature that can apply a set of premade textures as an overlay to icons system wide. I figured, if I can go into ifile and replace the pre-loaded textures, and apply my own iconomatic overlays, it just might work. I tried it and got some interesting results. I wasn't able to play around with the blending modes in Bigify+ because I had to get to class. But if anyone is interested in messing around with this, the .pngs are located at system>library>preferencebundles>bigify+settings.b undle

Edit: I was able to play with it some more. If you go,in to that directory^^ and replace the image named overlay.png with your own iconomatic image, then flip "ios6 icons" on in Bigify and repspring, it will apply to all icons system wide. It's a complicated way of doing things. But it works for those of us who are unable to use iconomatic.

Here's my hs with my new Bigify overlay http://i.imgur.com/YV2CR5I.jpg
    Last edited by wolfgut; 06-12-2014 at 07:56 AM.

Default {Tweak} iconOmatic [beta]
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgut View Post

Edit: I was able to play with it some more. If you go,in to that directory^^ and replace the image named overlay.png with your own iconomatic image, then flip "ios6 icons" on in Bigify and repspring, it will apply to all icons system wide. It's a complicated way of doing things. But it works for those of us who are unable to use iconomatic.
    Excellent workaround, Wolfgut! Nice find, sir! There are times we have to take the long way around to preserve other functionality of our phones that we desire more. I too am a "Hi animation-loving" person for lock screen & springboard. Interestingly I do not have any crashing and use IconOmatic with no crashing. Do you have to use your Apple passcode lock for work email? All animation,-based crashing goes away, with people who have it, when they turn off their Apple Passcode locks. We discovered that months & months ago.

Excellent workaround, Wolfgut! Nice find, sir! There are times we have to take the long way around to preserve other functionality of our phones that we desire more. I too am a "Hi animation-loving" person for lock screen & springboard. Interestingly I do not have any crashing and use IconOmatic with no crashing. Do you have to use your Apple passcode lock for work email? All animation,-based crashing goes away, with people who have it, when they turn off their Apple Passcode locks. We discovered that months & months ago.
    What do you mean apple passcode lock?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Apple passcode lock for work email? I'm sorry. I don't think I understand.

Apple passcode lock for work email? I'm sorry. I don't think I understand.
    Do you have to enter any numbers into a keypad to unlock your phone when you open it?

Do you have to enter any numbers into a keypad to unlock your phone when you open it?
    Yes I do. Will disabling it resolve the iconomatic problem?

Yes I do. Will disabling it resolve the iconomatic problem?
    It's not an iconOmatic problem. It's a bug in WebView (deep Apple iOS issue) in phones running 7.0.x.. that makes high animation running on your lock screen very crashey when using your Apple Passcode lock. It's been talked about since February in many threads. Surprised you missed it. Even was talked about here in this thread .

Turn off the Passcode lock and your crashing will be totally gone. Even with iconOmatic. If you've been able to get rid of the crashing, even reduce the crashing a little up to this point, by turning off iconOmatic, it's been purely coincidental that it's helped.. since iconOmatic has nothing to do with the crashing animation issue.

Turn off that Passcode lock and you'll be a very happy customer..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-13-2014 at 07:50 AM.

It's not an iconOmatic problem. It's a bug in WebView (deep Apple iOS issue) in phones running 7.0.x.. that makes high animation running on your lock screen very crashey when using your Apple Passcode lock. It's been talked about since February in many threads. Surprised you missed it. Even was talked about here in this thread .

Turn off the Passcode lock and your crashing will be totally gone. Even with iconOmatic. If you've been able to get rid of the crashing, even reduce the crashing a little up to this point, by turning off iconOmatic, it's been purely coincidental that it's helped.. since iconOmatic has nothing to do with the crashing animation issue.

Turn off that Passcode lock and you'll be a very happy customer..
    I'll give that a try and see how it goes. It's strange though, many many people have reported animation issues when they have iconomatic enabled. Here on this forum and others. But as soon as they disable it, all the problems go away. Same goes for me. I've had my ipad since September, and its worked flawlessly for months. And it wasn't until I installed iconomatic that my animations started breaking. In fact, I restored my ipad a few months ago, to factory settings and only installed iconomatic to see if that indeed was the problem, and it was. I've also read somewhere that when your device is low on ram, the first thing it does it disable animations to try to free up a bit of ram. That leads me to believe that iconomatic has a memory leak somewhere. But that's just speculation. anyway, thanks for the reply. Though it sucks to have to remove my passcode for iconomatic to work properly, I'll give your method a try for a while, hopefully it works.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfgut For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (06-13-2014)

I'll give that a try and see how it goes. It's strange though, many many people have reported animation issues when they have iconomatic enabled. Here on this forum and others. But as soon as they disable it, all the problems go away. Same goes for me. I've had my ipad since September, and its worked flawlessly for months. And it wasn't until I installed iconomatic that my animations started breaking. In fact, I restored my ipad a few months ago, to factory settings and only installed iconomatic to see if that indeed was the problem, and it was. I've also read somewhere that when your device is low on ram, the first thing it does it disable animations to try to free up a bit of ram. That leads me to believe that iconomatic has a memory leak somewhere. But that's just speculation. anyway, thanks for the reply. Though it sucks to have to remove my passcode for iconomatic to work properly, I'll give your method a try for a while, hopefully it works.
    Oh. We're talking about two different things.. You said you would CRASH when using high animation widgets. That has nothing to do with iconOmatic. What you've heard from others from iconOmatic is it causing memory to run low and the window animations STOPPING on the phone. That IS indeed a bug in iconOmatic.

You described something completely different to me a few posts ago - by calling it "crashing".

Here are the 2 scenarios:

1)Weather animations running in your Lockscreen crashing your phone into SafeMode can be stopped by turning off the Apple Passcode lock..

2)Window animations ceasing to work and everything speeding up is from a memory leak in iconOmatic and will only stop by turning off iconOmatic.

The situation you're experiencing is #2. Right?

Oh. We're talking about two different things.. You said you would CRASH when using high animation widgets. That has nothing to do with iconOmatic. What you've heard from others from iconOmatic is it causing memory to run low and the window animations STOPPING on the phone. That IS indeed a bug in iconOmatic.

You described something completely different to me a few posts ago - by calling it "crashing".

Here are the 2 scenarios:

1)Weather animations running in your Lockscreen crashing your phone into SafeMode can be stopped by turning off the Apple Passcode lock..

2)Window animations ceasing to work and everything speeding up is from a memory leak in iconOmatic and will only stop by turning off iconOmatic.

The situation you're experiencing is #2. Right?
    Yes, number two is what is happening to me. I said animations crash. I didn't say anything about widgets. Do you know if this will ever be fixed?

iPhone? More like MyPhone menard_00's Avatar
    Thanks

Does this only happen to certain people? I have iconOmatic installed with no problems at all. I'm on i5 7.0.4

It's probably a 5s issue if I had to guess

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (06-13-2014), NewdestinyX (06-14-2014)

Yes, number two is what is happening to me. I said animations crash. I didn't say anything about widgets. Do you know if this will ever be fixed?
    This is what you said, Wolfgut...
    Since I am unable to use iconomatic without having my animations crash,
    We only use the term 'crash' for when the phone goes into SafeMode. Your animations aren't crashing - they're just ceasing to function. That's why I was confused.

No - there is not fix as the developer has only been able to reproduce the bug once after moving in and out of many folders over 10 minutes. The other developer has never been able to reproduce the bug. ALL of us who have had the issue can take iconOmatic off our phones and the problem goes away. So it's clearly an iconOmatic issue BUT -- only in combination with some other tweaks or corrupt file on your system. If it was ONLY an iconOmatic issue - then it would happen on every phone phone running iconOmatic. If the developers can't reproduce the bug - they can't fix it.

The tweak - Flex 2 - has a patch that fixed it for me. But it's a paid tweak. Having Gridlock installed seems to exacerbate the issue for people who experience the animations stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Though I've had way more 5S people mention it - it's also been experienced by 5 users on iOS7 too. And Suby is on 5S and has only been able to reproduce the bug once with some pretty major pushing of his phone.. Then the same steps he did them a 2nd time and they didn't reproduce the bug.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-14-2014 at 12:14 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,109 Times in 1,870 Posts

Documentation link in OP is dead....Maybe they got sick of me asking for the correct image sizes to be added to the documentation.... Hopefully this is just a small bump, and not things being abandoned. Thank you.

This is what you said, Wolfgut...
    We only use the term 'crash' for when the phone goes into SafeMode. Your animations aren't crashing - they're just ceasing to function. That's why I was confused.

No - there is not fix as the developer has only been able to reproduce the bug once after moving in and out of many folders over 10 minutes. The other developer has never been able to reproduce the bug. ALL of us who have had the issue can take iconOmatic off our phones and the problem goes away. So it's clearly an iconOmatic issue BUT -- only in combination with some other tweaks or corrupt file on your system. If it was ONLY an iconOmatic issue - then it would happen on every phone phone running iconOmatic. If the developers can't reproduce the bug - they can't fix it.

The tweak - Flex 2 - has a patch that fixed it for me. But it's a paid tweak. Having Gridlock installed seems to exacerbate the issue for people who experience the animations stopping.

Though I've had way more 5S people mention it - it's also been experienced by 5 users on iOS7 too. And Suby is on 5S and has only been able to reproduce the bug once with some pretty major pushing of his phone.. Then the same steps he did them a 2nd time and they didn't reproduce the bug.
    I apologize for using the wrong terminology. I should've said animations break. I couldn't find the flex tweak you mentioned, but I've followed the instructions on another forum and made my own. I've had it on for 2 hours or so and it seems have worked. Thanks for he tip

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I have an ipad air on 7.0.6.

Still a 64 bit architecture!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

I apologize for using the wrong terminology. I should've said animations break. I couldn't find the flex tweak you mentioned, but I've followed the instructions on another forum and made my own. I've had it on for 2 hours or so and it seems have worked. Thanks for he tip
    Yeah - what you read on the other forum was mostly likely about the Flex2 patch that fixes it. For me it 95% fixes it. I still get the animations stopping once a week or so.. But a respring fixes it. Glad you can go back to using iconOmatic again.

Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast